Viewing AD users in NT4 User Manager via a trust relations..

Tags:
  • Domain
  • Microsoft
  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 19, 2005 12:15:01 PM

We have successfully set up a trust relationship between a NT4 domain and W2K
forest. The trust relationship works fine but we need to permission certain
resources in the NT4 with users from the W2K domain as part of the migration
process. In (NT4) User Manager we can see some users (generally admin and
service account types) and W2K global groups but no normal users are shown.
Additionally when we look into some of the (populated) 2K groups we see no
users in them (although we know they are there). We have to manually type in
the domain\username when permissioning rather than having to pick from a
list. I would imagine it is something to do with OU containers but anyone
brighter than me is welcome to fill me in on what is going on here.

Thanks

JWM

More about : viewing users nt4 user manager trust relations

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 9:57:13 PM

Customized permission of object may can cause this issue.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

news:D B016C44-D741-4EE6-B220-E35A65B0B999@microsoft.com...