Error transfering schema master role

Hi

I'm trying to transfer my fsmo's. Did this successful except the schema
master role. I get this error. Why can I transfer all the roles expect this
on?

fsmo maintenance: transfer schema master
ldap_modify_sW error 0x34(52 (Unavailable).
Ldap extended error message is 000020AF: SvcErr: DSID-03210211, problem 5002
(UN
AVAILABLE), data 8

Win32 error returned is 0x20af(The requested FSMO operation failed. The
current
FSMO holder could not be contacted.)
)
Depending on the error code this may indicate a connection,
ldap, or role transfer error.
Server "domdc01" knows about 5 roles
Schema - CN="NTDS Settings
DEL:514f4c1c-97f5-439f-97f3-13dbc358f23f",CN=DOMDC01,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=
Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domesta,DC=local
Domain - CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN=Configu
ration,DC=domesta,DC=local
PDC - CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN=Configurat
ion,DC=domesta,DC=local
RID - CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN=Configurat
ion,DC=domesta,DC=local
Infrastructure - CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN
=Configuration,DC=domesta,DC=local
1 answer Last reply
More about error transfering schema master role

    Looks like domdc01 was deleted (or at least its components in sites and
    services) prior to moving the role. This means you will have to seize the role
    instead of transfer it. This can be done in ntdsutil.

    joe

    www.joeware.net

    MARCK wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm trying to transfer my fsmo's. Did this successful except the schema
    > master role. I get this error. Why can I transfer all the roles expect this
    > on?
    >
    > fsmo maintenance: transfer schema master
    > ldap_modify_sW error 0x34(52 (Unavailable).
    > Ldap extended error message is 000020AF: SvcErr: DSID-03210211, problem 5002
    > (UN
    > AVAILABLE), data 8
    >
    > Win32 error returned is 0x20af(The requested FSMO operation failed. The
    > current
    > FSMO holder could not be contacted.)
    > )
    > Depending on the error code this may indicate a connection,
    > ldap, or role transfer error.
    > Server "domdc01" knows about 5 roles
    > Schema - CN="NTDS Settings
    > DEL:514f4c1c-97f5-439f-97f3-13dbc358f23f",CN=DOMDC01,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=
    > Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domesta,DC=local
    > Domain - CN=NTDS
    > Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN=Configu
    > ration,DC=domesta,DC=local
    > PDC - CN=NTDS
    > Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN=Configurat
    > ion,DC=domesta,DC=local
    > RID - CN=NTDS
    > Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN=Configurat
    > ion,DC=domesta,DC=local
    > Infrastructure - CN=NTDS
    > Settings,CN=DOMDC02,CN=Servers,CN=Hoogeveen,CN=Sites,CN
    > =Configuration,DC=domesta,DC=local

Active Directory Servers LDAP Windows