DFI Lanparty cfx3200 ut restarting after windows shutdown

kernalmantis

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
Im having a weird problem. It just barely started. When I go to shut down in windows, it shuts down fine. But when it finishes shutdown it automatically restarts. Anyone know if this is a mobo problem or an OS thing?
Thanks!

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
In your BIOS settings, do you have your Boot from LAN or LAN BOOT (cant remember the exact name) on??

If so, that might be the cause of your PC starting up automatically.
Signal comes in, your onboard ethernet card fires up the machine automatically!!

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
i had this problem start up recently as well, lol. i was pretty freaked out by it at first. i looked all over the bios, didnt find anything that would tell it to turn on without pressing the power button. i suppose it could be a bios bug... it hasnt happened for the past few days, but i did flash the bios to the beta one, so that could be the reason.

bestial

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
I have been having the same problem, I am going to try looking at the boot from lan thing, if that dont work then I will try flashing bios.

I will report back later.

see ya.

megafish

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Im having a weird problem. It just barely started. When I go to shut down in windows, it shuts down fine. But when it finishes shutdown it automatically restarts. Anyone know if this is a mobo problem or an OS thing?
Thanks!

Try flashing BIOS multiple times in Windows by doing the following:
1) Follow instructions on how to flash BIOS using WinFlash program:
http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios_download_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=4556&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&STATUS_FLAG=A&SITE=NA

2) When the flash process is done and you are asked to restart your system, choose 'Cancel' and use WinFlash to flash BIOS again.
3) Choose 'Cancel' again this time and flash BIOS again.
4) Restart your system after having the BIOS flashed for 3 times
5) Turn off the system while it is restarting.
6) Unplug power supply, remove CMOS battery and set CMOS jumper to Pin 2 and 3.
7) Wait for at least 30 mins, then back the battery back in and set the jumper back to Pin 1 and 2.
8) Power on the system and 'Load Optimized Defaults' in BIOS

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Can't be bothered troubleshooting this too much. I have no 'wake on' settings on my DFI, haven't done any bios flashes, etc. One day 'shutdown' turned into 'reboot'. All WIN XP power options are OK. No 'wake on' etc. No sleep, hibernate, etc.

Personally I think its from an XP update, but can't pinpoint it.

So I just hold the front panel power button down until the system has well and truly shutdown. I sometimes have to arrange an icon or two on next startup, but problem solved. Bug? M$ does not know what I'm on about.

Only pain to me is having to hold the button instead of just clicking the shutdown tab...

Oh well... Vista's right around the corner, and doesn't have this issue...

Syaoran04

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
ok just to tell you its probably a hardware issue.... i'm not sure where but normally when your computer turns on right after you give it a shutdown order is cause theres a faulty ground thats jumping and causing it to power on... my suggestion is to take off all the power switch/reset/hdd/power cords.. and use the mobo's power button onboard. if its still jumping then maybe its a software issue... i had that issue once and thats my best guess for it.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Shuts down just fine in Vista... Just XP Pro that has an issue. That's why I think it was an update that triggered it....