How to install Microsoft office 2007 in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

elybeth

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I try to install Microsoft Office Ent. 2007 in Windows 7(64) and I keep getting this pop up "Setup can not find Outlook.en-us\OutlkLR.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK". I tried to browse and click OK but no luck. Anyone encounter this problem before.

Solution
Then copy the contents of the disk to the machine running Ultimate and run the install. Since we now know it's not a bad disk, see if the install fails when running from the hard drive.
Is this during the installation, or after the installation is finished and you try to run something like Word?

If it's the latter, it's because the program you're running is trying to use a different component of Office that you didn't install. Office has this annoying "feature" wherein it considers components as "Installed", "Not Installed", or "Install on First Use" - the latter prompts for the install disk the first time you try to use that particular item.

I usually do a custom setup and make sure none of the options are set to "Install on first use" to avoid this sort of thing. I prefer my programs "installed" or "not installed", not halfway in between.

elybeth

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

It's during installation.

Thanks

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
If your disc is legitimate, the errors might be caused by a scratch or imperfection in the disc. You can try cleaning the disc, but if that doesn't work, you will likely need to find a new cd. It is a possibility (though very remote) that your cd/dvd drive is failing, but a scratch is much more likely.

elybeth

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

I don't think so, 'cause after I tried several times in Ultimate(64) I installed it with no problem in Home Premium(64). I don't think it's the CD/DVD neither 'cause I just used them (2) to install the OS and a bunch of programs.

elybeth

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

This problem is on the Ultimate(64). No problem installing in Home Premium(64).

Thanks.

elybeth

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

It worked. I copied it to c\ drive and run it from c\ drive and it work.
Thanks a million guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.