ati Crossfire on Nforce 4 SLI mobo (Msi K8N Diamond Plus)

:D

please help i'm planning to buy 2 pcs ati x1900xtx .Does my (msi k8n diamond plus) mobo Support Ati crossfire? :?: tnx
10 answers Last reply
More about crossfire nforce mobo diamond plus
  1. no you will have to buy nvidia
  2. sorry you could still buy one 1900
    an it would work fine
  3. have you tried it sirheck? ang what ati pci-e you use? .
  4. Sorry, as your board is an "SLi" compatible board, 2 x1900xtx's or any ati crossfire combo will not work. SLi is NVidia's system of linking 2 NVidia cards and is not compatible with ati. As Sirheck said, one ati card will work fine but you just wouldn't be able to use the interface to link 2 cards.

On the other hand 2 x NVidia cards will work sweet. If you seriously need 2 x x1900xtx's in crossfire then you will need a new motherboard.
  5. True but I have heard mixed results - it still won't be anywhere near as effective as a new motherboard. If you can afford to buy 2 x1900xtx's then you can afford a new motherboard in my eyes ;)
  6. yes my brother has an msi k8neo4 sli.
    with an x800xl in pcix.
    works great.
  7. Quote:
    you mean pci-e and we're talking about crossfire not single card configs.

He was just replying to a question he was asked earlier ;) guess he forgot to use the quote button...ah well, no probs hehe
  8. sorry guys
  9. Technically, i don't see why 2x crossfire cards wouldnt work on an SLi motherboard.

crossfire does all the compositing between the two cards via the dongle as apposed to SLi which uses bridge+PCI-e.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Diamond Crossfire ATI Motherboards