Moving data from Palm to Pocket PC?

December 1, 2004 5:20:03 PM

My Palm m515 died and I'm ready to get a Dell Axim. My
data is only synched to Palm's Windows Desktop software.
Can I get all the PIM data from that desktop app to my new
Dell Axim or to Microsoft Outlook first before synching to
my Dell Axim?
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 12:53:22 AM

Bif Henderson wrote:
> My Palm m515 died and I'm ready to get a Dell Axim. My
> data is only synched to Palm's Windows Desktop software.
> Can I get all the PIM data from that desktop app to my new
> Dell Axim or to Microsoft Outlook first before synching to
> my Dell Axim?
What I did was get Intellisync from Yahoo, synced the palm desktop to
yahoo, and then loaded from Yahoo to the PPC.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:27:25 PM

"Bif Henderson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Palm m515 died and I'm ready to get a Dell Axim. My
> data is only synched to Palm's Windows Desktop software.
> Can I get all the PIM data from that desktop app to my new
> Dell Axim or to Microsoft Outlook first before synching to
> my Dell Axim?

Since your Palm is now dead you will have to use a program like PocketCopy
(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2965)

If you use the discount code AB1DFD6 until 31 December you get 15% discount
(any software, one use only per buyer).

--
Mauricio Freitas
MS MVP Mobile Devices

Hi,

I have the same question, will probably be buying the HX4700 soon and
will want to transfer data from my Palm Vx. How is this done? Can I
get all the info (address book, calendar, to-do's, memo's...)??

Thanks,
Brian

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:27:25 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
<dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>"Bif Henderson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My Palm m515 died and I'm ready to get a Dell Axim. My
>> data is only synched to Palm's Windows Desktop software.
>> Can I get all the PIM data from that desktop app to my new
>> Dell Axim or to Microsoft Outlook first before synching to
>> my Dell Axim?
>
>Since your Palm is now dead you will have to use a program like PocketCopy
>(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2965)
>
>If you use the discount code AB1DFD6 until 31 December you get 15% discount
>(any software, one use only per buyer).
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:27:27 PM

You likely got a copy of Chapura Pocket Mirror with your Palm when you
bought it. It was likely on the CD with Palm Desktop and Hotsync. That sets
up a Palm to Outlook conduit. You can load Mirror and sync all your Palm
data to Outlook. Then it is just a matter of setting up the PPC normally.
The issue above is when the Palm unit has died and you only have the data in
Palm desktop.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Brian" <post.nospamtoasties@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the same question, will probably be buying the HX4700 soon and
> will want to transfer data from my Palm Vx. How is this done? Can I
> get all the info (address book, calendar, to-do's, memo's...)??
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>

> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:27:25 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
> <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
> >"Bif Henderson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> My Palm m515 died and I'm ready to get a Dell Axim. My
> >> data is only synched to Palm's Windows Desktop software.
> >> Can I get all the PIM data from that desktop app to my new
> >> Dell Axim or to Microsoft Outlook first before synching to
> >> my Dell Axim?
> >
> >Since your Palm is now dead you will have to use a program like
PocketCopy
> >(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2965)
> >
> >If you use the discount code AB1DFD6 until 31 December you get 15%
discount
> >(any software, one use only per buyer).

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 7:34:47 AM

Michael Bowker wrote:
> Bif Henderson wrote:
> > My Palm m515 died and I'm ready to get a Dell Axim. My
> > data is only synched to Palm's Windows Desktop software.
> > Can I get all the PIM data from that desktop app to my new
> > Dell Axim or to Microsoft Outlook first before synching to
> > my Dell Axim?
> What I did was get Intellisync from Yahoo, synced the palm desktop to

> yahoo, and then loaded from Yahoo to the PPC.

How did you sync Yahoo with your Palm Desktop? I knew it synced
directly with Palm Pilots, but not with Palm Desktop ... or did you use
a two-step process?

I've found Yahoo's Intellsync to be pretty buggy. One example; I added
a set of records to Yahoo address book, did a sync, and it added them
to my Palm Pilot ...then upon next sync, it added them back into Yahoo,
so I have two copies of each record. Another example; I deleted a set
of records from my Palm Pilot (a different set than in the first
example), and after syncing, found that instead of deleting them from
Yahoo, it readded them from Yahoo back into my Palm Pilot. Blaugh.
!