X-fi software problem

Wolf

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
I have already posted this problem before. Since the same problem keeps cropping up, PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!!

When I go for the complete install oprtion for the X-fi Extreme music,
My comp slows down drastically.

I have tried swapping the PCI slots to no effect. Reinstalling the software set over and over again. However there's no problem with the basic install option with the comp running smoothly.

Since I am interested in music mixing and stuff and it seems a da**ed shame not to utilize the Xfi's full power, could someone please help with a solution.

For the record, my system specs are given below:

AMD 3200+
Asus A*N VM MB with the geforce 6100 + Nvidia 410
1024 MB DDR 400 Transcend
X-fi extreme music
Windows XP+SP2

I have already talked to the creative reps, and despite swapping slots and reinstalling both the OS and the drivers, the problem still persists. :cry:

I have already posted this problem before. Since the same problem keeps cropping up, PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!!

When I go for the complete install oprtion for the X-fi Extreme music,
My comp slows down drastically.

I have tried swapping the PCI slots to no effect. Reinstalling the software set over and over again. However there's no problem with the basic install option with the comp running smoothly.

Since I am interested in music mixing and stuff and it seems a da**ed shame not to utilize the Xfi's full power, could someone please help with a solution.

For the record, my system specs are given below:

AMD 3200+
Asus A*N VM MB with the geforce 6100 + Nvidia 410
1024 MB DDR 400 Transcend
X-fi extreme music
Windows XP+SP2

I have already talked to the creative reps, and despite swapping slots and reinstalling both the OS and the drivers, the problem still persists. :cry:

Here are the requirements for your Xfi Extreme soundcard. Do you have SP2 installed with all the updates?

Check: Click on TOOLS on your Windows Explorer. Click on Windows Update. Get all Windows updates

Operating Systems Supported Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)

System Requirements Genuine Intel® Pentium® III 1 GHz, AMD® 1 GHz processor or faster

Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)

256MB RAM

600MB of free hard disk space

Available PCI 2.1 slot for the audio card

CD-ROM/CD-RW or CD/DVD-ROM required for software installation

***If none of this works go here and put in the correct info and download all the proper drivers:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/softwareupdate.asp?nSUFlag=1&sDestUrl=http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/&hdAllProduct=1&LangID=1033&hdDspLangID=1033

>>I have already talked to the creative reps, and despite swapping slots and reinstalling both the OS and the drivers, the problem still persists.<<

It's time to play the blues.