Tool or Script to Export particular AD User Information

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 23, 2005 3:03:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone number,
contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me
to? Thank you.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:55:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

You could look at ldifde. You would just need to use the "-l" and then
specify the attributes for which you would like the values ( in your case,
the mail address, .... contacts ). And, that is a lower case letter 'L",
not the number "1".

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"-->AP<--" <ap@mail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone number,
>contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me
>to? Thank you.

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:02:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Or, if you fancy a script, here's one:
-- http://www.rlmueller.net/ADOSearchTips.htm

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net

"Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
You could look at ldifde. You would just need to use the "-l" and then
specify the attributes for which you would like the values ( in your case,
the mail address, .... contacts ). And, that is a lower case letter 'L",
not the number "1".

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014
Microsoft Active Directory MVP

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"-->AP<--" <ap@mail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone number,
>contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me
>to? Thank you.

January 23, 2005 4:00:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

"-->AP<--" <ap@mail.com> wrote in message news:ap@mail.com:
> I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone
> number,
> contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me
> to? Thank you.

Hello AP,

Depending on what you want to do, I've just published an sample script
how to pull informations out of AD and display them via an ASP-Page in
the intranet:
http://www.windowsserverfaq.de/faq/PhoneBook.asp

--
Gruesse - Sincerely,

Ulf B. Simon-Weidner

MVP-Book "Windows XP - Die Expertentipps": http://tinyurl.com/44zcz
Weblog: http://msmvps.org/UlfBSimonWeidner
WebSite: http://www.windowsserverfaq.org
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 11:49:51 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

many ways to do this - along with the other good suggestions, here are some
more:

- CSVDE (built-in 2k/2k3) to retrieve data in CSV format
- DSQUERY and DSGET (built-in - new to 2k3) powerful query (and mod) tools
- ADFIND (from www.joeware.net ) - very powerful and easy to use free tool
- any other tool that supports LDAP queries

/Guido

!