2003 Member Server in a 2000 AD

Hi,
we want to upgrade a Windows 2000 Member server to windows 2003,
is there something to attend.
Our AD is Windows 2000 in Mixed Mode.

Lothar
2 answers Last reply
More about 2003 member server 2000

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:40:15 +0100, "Lothar Belle" <tqsystems@web.de> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >we want to upgrade a Windows 2000 Member server to windows 2003,
    >is there something to attend.
    >Our AD is Windows 2000 in Mixed Mode.
    >
    >Lothar

    I can find no issues with doing this.
    Just upgrade it.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    As Jerold stated, there should be no issues with this.

    The thing that you would need to do -IF- you were joining a WIN2003 Domain
    Controller to the environment would be to run adprep /forestprep and adprep
    /domainprep. However, this is not necessary as you are not adding a WIN2003
    DC...just a member server....

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24014

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Lothar Belle" <tqsystems@web.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > we want to upgrade a Windows 2000 Member server to windows 2003,
    > is there something to attend.
    > Our AD is Windows 2000 in Mixed Mode.
    >
    > Lothar

Windows Server 2003 Windows 2000 Servers Microsoft Active Directory Windows