2003 Member Server in a 2000 AD

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 24, 2005 3:40:15 PM

Hi,
we want to upgrade a Windows 2000 Member server to windows 2003,
is there something to attend.
Our AD is Windows 2000 in Mixed Mode.

Lothar
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 3:40:16 PM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:40:15 +0100, "Lothar Belle" <tqsystems@web.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>we want to upgrade a Windows 2000 Member server to windows 2003,
>is there something to attend.
>Our AD is Windows 2000 in Mixed Mode.
>
>Lothar

I can find no issues with doing this.
Just upgrade it.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 10:04:34 PM

As Jerold stated, there should be no issues with this.

The thing that you would need to do -IF- you were joining a WIN2003 Domain
Controller to the environment would be to run adprep /forestprep and adprep
/domainprep. However, this is not necessary as you are not adding a WIN2003
DC...just a member server....

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014