Low operating cost inkjet document printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 24, 2005 10:27:02 PM

I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
years on a PC but want to keep it there.

Any suggestions?

"There is much to be gained by neither believing
nor yet disbelieving everything."

Philostratus
_Life of Apollonius of Tyana_
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 10:27:03 PM

John A. Stovall wrote:

> I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
> (letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
> printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
> years on a PC but want to keep it there.
>
> Any suggestions?

You want economics . . . get something like the very inexpensive Canon
iP3000 (I don't think it's considered a photo printer) and run it with
3rd party inks, or refill your own if you're a handyman. These
cartridges have no chips or security. Using just a few sets of "non-
Canon-priced-inks" will pay for this second printer. For recommendations
of good inks, all you have to do is ask this group and you will get a
myriad of choices.

I run two photo/document printers very economically this way. And
neither has ever clogged using 3rd party inks.

-Taliesyn
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 11:28:24 PM

John A. Stovall wrote:

>I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
>(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
>printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
>years on a PC but want to keep it there.
>
>Any suggestions?

Look into the HP1200D. Fast, Duplex, individual ink tanks plus
individual user changeable print heads but they are expensive.

>"There is much to be gained by neither believing
> nor yet disbelieving everything."
>
> Philostratus
> _Life of Apollonius of Tyana_

April 24, 2005 11:31:08 PM

Taliesyn wrote:

> John A. Stovall wrote:
>
>> I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
>> (letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
>> printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
>> years on a PC but want to keep it there.
>> Any suggestions?
>

> You want economics . . . get something like the very inexpensive Canon
> iP3000 (I don't think it's considered a photo printer) and run it with
> 3rd party inks, or refill your own if you're a handyman. These
> cartridges have no chips or security. Using just a few sets of "non-
> Canon-priced-inks" will pay for this second printer. For recommendations
> of good inks, all you have to do is ask

Canon, Epson or HP.

> this group and you will get a myriad of choices.
>
> I run two photo/document printers very economically this way. And
> neither has ever clogged using 3rd party inks.
>
> -Taliesyn
April 25, 2005 2:21:58 AM

measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:srSae.113$Gd7.24
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> John A. Stovall wrote:
>
>>I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
>>(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
>>printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
>>years on a PC but want to keep it there.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>*******************************************************
>>

> Look into the HP1200D. Fast, Duplex, individual ink tanks plus
> individual user changeable print heads but they are expensive.

Read the reviews; it's a mediocre printer at best.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:17:28 PM

I have not read the reviews since I am not in the market to replace my
HP990. If it is as good as that I would have not problem with it. For
a business inkjet printer I do not know what other choices that would be
better.

!