Low operating cost inkjet document printer

I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
years on a PC but want to keep it there.

Any suggestions?

"There is much to be gained by neither believing
nor yet disbelieving everything."

Philostratus
_Life of Apollonius of Tyana_
5 answers Last reply
More about operating cost inkjet document printer

    John A. Stovall wrote:

    > I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
    > (letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
    > printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
    > years on a PC but want to keep it there.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    You want economics . . . get something like the very inexpensive Canon
    iP3000 (I don't think it's considered a photo printer) and run it with
    3rd party inks, or refill your own if you're a handyman. These
    cartridges have no chips or security. Using just a few sets of "non-
    Canon-priced-inks" will pay for this second printer. For recommendations
    of good inks, all you have to do is ask this group and you will get a
    myriad of choices.

    I run two photo/document printers very economically this way. And
    neither has ever clogged using 3rd party inks.

    -Taliesyn

    John A. Stovall wrote:

    >I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
    >(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
    >printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
    >years on a PC but want to keep it there.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Look into the HP1200D. Fast, Duplex, individual ink tanks plus
    individual user changeable print heads but they are expensive.

    Taliesyn wrote:

    > John A. Stovall wrote:
    >
    >> I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
    >> (letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
    >> printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
    >> years on a PC but want to keep it there.
    >> Any suggestions?
    >

    > You want economics . . . get something like the very inexpensive Canon
    > iP3000 (I don't think it's considered a photo printer) and run it with
    > 3rd party inks, or refill your own if you're a handyman. These
    > cartridges have no chips or security. Using just a few sets of "non-
    > Canon-priced-inks" will pay for this second printer. For recommendations
    > of good inks, all you have to do is ask

    Canon, Epson or HP.

    measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:srSae.113$Gd7.24
    @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

    > John A. Stovall wrote:
    >
    >>I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
    >>(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
    >>printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
    >>years on a PC but want to keep it there.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?
    >>*******************************************************
    >>

    > Look into the HP1200D. Fast, Duplex, individual ink tanks plus
    > individual user changeable print heads but they are expensive.

    Read the reviews; it's a mediocre printer at best.

    I have not read the reviews since I am not in the market to replace my
    HP990. If it is as good as that I would have not problem with it. For
    a business inkjet printer I do not know what other choices that would be
    better.

    Nelson wrote:

    >measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:srSae.113$Gd7.24
    >@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
    >

    >>John A. Stovall wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm look for a second printer to put on an iMac for printing documents
    >>>(letters and papers). It's needs color but doesn't have to be a photo
    >>>printer (I've an Epson R1800 for that). I've used an HP 970Cse for
    >>>years on a PC but want to keep it there.
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestions?
    >>>

    >>Look into the HP1200D. Fast, Duplex, individual ink tanks plus
    >>individual user changeable print heads but they are expensive.
    >>

    >Read the reviews; it's a mediocre printer at best.

Printers Document Inkjet Peripherals Product