creating a good gaming machine! 2000-2500$

moin126

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
ok my budget is 2000-2500 $ maybe tiny bit more
but with this i need everything also keyboard monitor etc

Processor : Intel core 2 E6700

Motherboard : Gigabyte P965-DQ6 not sure wich motherboard altough this one is specially made for core 2. i saw this one in other thread might be good ? Asus P5W DH DELUXE,

videocard: ati radeon x1900xtx

ram : XMS2-8500, does someone know if this one is properly compatible i think so but i aint sure.

hd : – wd caviar se16

case : Antec LifeStyle Sonata II (ATX, 450W, Zwart) -

ram and proper motherboard are bugging me. im not a overclocker. i just want the best for my money. I want high speed. and good quality.

stu887

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
If you're not too bothered about building it yourself, you should try www.alienware.com - they build some of the best gaming PC's around and have all of the latest technologies for next gen gaming! Once you have chosen the basic setup, you can fully customise all of the components and get exactly what you want, and a computer that is near to unbeatable! Although they are slightly pricy, you obviously have the budget to afford one, so i would highly recommend them!

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Hahaha. I laugh at people who buy alienwares. Their drastically overpriced and the things that come on it arent any different of which you can find online or on shelves. Don't let the case decieve you. Plus alienwares i hear take at least 15 days to build, and then 15 days to ship. Its terrible, build your own.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I agree. And those cases are cheap plastic, and you can't get one with a window.

And you'll have more fun building it, believe me. I just built my first start-to-finish computer last week, and it was great fun building it.

And you'll save money, so you can afford better parts.

TSIllusion

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
The ram and mobo should be okay.

lol, you should get a better case and psu, even if its not for overclocking. its cause u are running an xtx, and later on, im pretty sure u wanna upgrade so having a lil extra power is good.

separate case and separate psu are usually better, but its all up to you.

monitor - depending on what you do with your computer, if you game... its pretty wise if you get widescreen now, well, i have a widescreen and i love it! gogogo! yeah, so 19 inch lcd would be good (widescreen or no, just make sure u have fast ms and contrast ratios) Viewsonic has some of the best 19 inch out there, so take ur pick.

keyboard - Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard?! I recommend that from experience, unlike the G15, it doesnt have useless stuff sticking out of the keyboard (Ahem, the LCD thing). Or get the saietek one.

mouse - gaming or no? The copperhead should be for gaming, its a nice mouse. G5 is also good, its corded, so my opinion on it is that i dont have to charge it every time, but its ur choice.

speakers - depend on if you wanna have a surround systems with 1000 speakers and stuff, its usually up to you. I prefer the Logitech Z-510 or the X-530, dont remmebe rthe number, but its close.

G

If you're not too bothered about building it yourself, you should try www.alienware.com - they build some of the best gaming PC's around and have all of the latest technologies for next gen gaming! Once you have chosen the basic setup, you can fully customise all of the components and get exactly what you want, and a computer that is near to unbeatable! Although they are slightly pricy, you obviously have the budget to afford one, so i would highly recommend them!

Just shut it up you ****.

Akifuddin

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
You might wanna get a 7950X2 instead of the X1900XTX though, some people like the extra speed although $50 more expensive. And remember to get 2GB of that Corsair PC8500 you're talking about and to upgrade to 4GB when you get Windows Vista. And if you want, you can get some cheaper parts and get the 6800 processor which is faster than the E6700. You probably have enough with $2,500 to build a system with the best Core 2 Duo processor.

moin126

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
i had a little more things to add to this post.

Do u guys think its crucial to get 2gb of ram ? ..?
nvidia 7950 or ati x1900xtx?

also im gonna let them build it in the usa. im in holland

i go on vacation to usa. from 15 juli to august 11.
so i have a small window. core 2 comes out juli 27
do u guys think ill make it in time?
do you guys think most computer shops will have the core 2 at launch.
do i need to buy an cooler ? .. any suggestions

also
DVD-burner: NEC ND-4571 16x (Dual-layer, Labelflash
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 930BF (19", 4ms)
logitech g5 , probably elite pro keyboard
anyone know a good case and psu. i can find out there but i dont want to get screwed.
how much time do you think it takes for a computer shop to make it.
8)
thx!

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
At your price point, sure it's crucial. And if you want the best, get Crucial. Their Ballistix series is the best, I think it's better than Corsair XMS.

So, are you going to build this machine or have some shop or friend do it? I'm confused as to what you plan to do.

moin126

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
there was a computer store that builds computers and u name the parts...
:wink:

:? im preparing myself now so i have options there,
do u guys know a big store that makes computers and is pretty known ?
(no not alienware.)

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
god i hate noobs, all they spit out of their mouths are, o its an alienware it must be good, well it may be good but you have too pay about twice as much for one compared to the same thing you could build, uhhhh, *slap* thats what the nubs in this world get, a nice backhand

wingsofzion

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
If you're not too bothered about building it yourself, you should try www.alienware.com - they build some of the best gaming PC's around and have all of the latest technologies for next gen gaming!

Yuk, i feel so dirty reading that. Saying Alienware in here is like yelling fire in a crowded theater man. Where are the TG Forum cops when you need them. Alienware just rips people off. You basically pay between $250 to upwards to $1500 more on thier builds, and that money is buying the name alone. They offer ridiculous pricing for systems you can build yourself at a fraction of the cost. I remember when SLI first hit the market and these guys had the balls to try and sell the systems for $4500 to freak'n $6 grand a machine. I was shocked i almost fell out my chair. They priced them like they invented the SLI technology or something. Alienware PC's are no different from regular homebuilt PC's. Yeah some systems offer watercooling but hell, compare how much they are ripping you off for that same system to one you build using watercooling. You'll see a very large price difference. A $2500 grand budget is superb for a gaming rig. I'd wait till the end of this month for the CPU price drops so you can go Core 2 Due (a.k.a Conroe) when it's released. This summer belongs to Intel. No one can deny that now.

TRENDING THREADS