preventing users form stopping services

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi All

How can I prevent normal users from stopping services on a Win2K
Professional box that is not a domain member?

I can't find anything like that in the local policy editor?

Thanks!!

"steve" <simpsonst3@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> How can I prevent normal users from stopping services on a Win2K
> Professional box that is not a domain member?
>
> I can't find anything like that in the local policy editor?

I really don't think that an ordinary User can do this.

Are these users members of the Computer adminstrators
group?

LGPO (Local Group Policy object) editor will allow
you to set many of the things you can do with Group
Policy.

You can also use the Security Configuration and
Analysis Console to import and apply security
templates. (Compat->Basic->Secure->HiSec
and custom)

--
Herb Martin

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:32:54 -0600, "steve" <simpsonst3@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>How can I prevent normal users from stopping services on a Win2K
>Professional box that is not a domain member?
>
>I can't find anything like that in the local policy editor?
>
>Thanks!!

Get SubInACL from tip 8530 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
See tip 3896.

SUBINACL /SERVICE \\ComputerName\ServiceName /Deny=UserName=O

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

That's interesting...are you saying that users can start and stop services
by default? I was under the impression this was an administrative right...

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/