Roaming error on local profile

I am trying to setup a user on a new notebook computer. (XP pro sp2) and I
get this message. " Windows did not load your roaming profile and is
attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to your local
profile will not be coppied to the server when you log off...... access
denied'
The user has a local profile in AD,
I have added domain users to the local admins group
He can log in on a local profile (with the same username and password as
the domain profile) and is able to access his network share.
I can log on to the notebook as a domain user without getting tthat
message.

anysuggestions?????
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about roaming error local profile

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:18:41 -0500, "Paris" <paristotle@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to setup a user on a new notebook computer. (XP pro sp2) and I
    >get this message. " Windows did not load your roaming profile and is
    >attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to your local
    >profile will not be coppied to the server when you log off...... access
    >denied'
    > The user has a local profile in AD,
    > I have added domain users to the local admins group
    > He can log in on a local profile (with the same username and password as
    >the domain profile) and is able to access his network share.
    > I can log on to the notebook as a domain user without getting tthat
    >message.
    >
    >anysuggestions?????
    >thanks

    It could easily be a permissions issue. Check the permissions on
    the profile folders and make sure that they have permissions to access
    the profile in the first place. Also, make sure that you've added the
    user to the correct group(s) to have permissions to access the
    profile. You MAY have the permissions set correctly and STILL have
    this problem. I'm having this same problem right now and the
    permissions are set correctly.

Active Directory Windows