Backup of DNS Files with Integrated DDNS

If you're using DNS in an AD Intergated enviornment, how do you backup the
DNS files for disaster recovery? I know these Zones are stored within AD,
unlike a Primary/Secondary setup where they're located in
\%systemroot%\System32\DNS. Thanks!

"GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you're using DNS in an AD Intergated enviornment, how do you backup the
> DNS files for disaster recovery? I know these Zones are stored within AD,
> unlike a Primary/Secondary setup where they're located in
> \%systemroot%\System32\DNS. Thanks!

You backup AD, which is done by a System State Backup
(also an ASR backup on Win2003.)

--
Herb Martin

And remember that the AD Integrated DNS will be replicated with the AD. If
there were a failed server, you should have other copies of your DNS on your
other DNS servers.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA