Active Directory Replication

Hi,
Just a couple of questions,

We have multiple sites running Windows 2000 Server AD all within the same
domain connected over a VPN Link. If the physical connection was severed
during a AD Replication is it possible to corrupt the AD?

What is the minumum connection speed Microsoft recommends between remote
sites for AD replication etc?

thanks
Jamie
2 answers Last reply
More about active directory replication

    AD replication is pretty robust and is not going to cause a corruption if a
    link goes down. (Although never say never). Where you will get problems is
    if the link remains down for over 60 days as a server wont be able to
    replicate after this.

    There is no set connection speed recommended as the requirements will depend
    totally on the size of your AD and the number of changes that are made to
    it. Even for the smallest of branch offices with very few changes made to AD
    I wouldn't like to try with anything less than 128k.

    "Jamie Sutherland" <jamie.sutherland@talk21.comNoSPaM> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Just a couple of questions,
    >
    > We have multiple sites running Windows 2000 Server AD all within the same
    > domain connected over a VPN Link. If the physical connection was severed
    > during a AD Replication is it possible to corrupt the AD?
    >
    > What is the minumum connection speed Microsoft recommends between remote
    > sites for AD replication etc?
    >

    > thanks
    > Jamie

    I agree with simon. When you first set up your sites (I assume you are
    talking about AD sites and not physical locations) the site links for
    replication are created automatically to optimize replication, based on what
    AD thinks the link speeds are.

    --

    gt
    Server Based Computing Evangelist

    "Simon Geary" <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > AD replication is pretty robust and is not going to cause a corruption if
    > link goes down. (Although never say never). Where you will get problems is
    > if the link remains down for over 60 days as a server wont be able to
    > replicate after this.
    >
    > There is no set connection speed recommended as the requirements will
    depend
    > totally on the size of your AD and the number of changes that are made to
    > it. Even for the smallest of branch offices with very few changes made to
    AD
    > I wouldn't like to try with anything less than 128k.
    >
    > "Jamie Sutherland" <jamie.sutherland@talk21.comNoSPaM> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > Just a couple of questions,
    > >
    > > We have multiple sites running Windows 2000 Server AD all within the
    same
    > > domain connected over a VPN Link. If the physical connection was severed
    > > during a AD Replication is it possible to corrupt the AD?
    > >
    > > What is the minumum connection speed Microsoft recommends between remote
    > > sites for AD replication etc?
    > >

    > > thanks
    > > Jamie

Connection Microsoft Active Directory Windows