Active directory reset security policy/ Restore adminstrat..

1. How can i reset my security policies to default on Active Directory? (My
policies are not taking affect therefore i need to reset the security
policies)?

2. I want to know this after reading some articles. How could i reset an
account that had admin permission but looses it due to the wrong security
(even the administrator account)being applied?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about active directory reset security policy restore adminstrat

    This sounds like just a policy problem in the admin's profile. If "user"
    policies get applied to an admin (accidentally), some of those policies
    could be "tatooed" into the admin's profile, so each time the admin logs in,
    they receive user rights. Assuming all is well elsewhere in your AD, you can
    either log in as another admin and delete the admin's roaming profile (or
    local profile) or there are ways to edit the registry to delete those pesky
    policy keys.

    --

    gt
    Server Based Computing Evangelist

    "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > 1. How can i reset my security policies to default on Active Directory?
    (My
    > policies are not taking affect therefore i need to reset the security
    > policies)?
    >
    > 2. I want to know this after reading some articles. How could i reset an
    > account that had admin permission but looses it due to the wrong security
    > (even the administrator account)being applied?
    >
    > Thanks

Policy Security Active Directory Windows