Access Authentication

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security (More info?)

Hi,
I have an ASP.Net Application,
This application is accessed based on user identiy authorization.
This application is hosed on server locted on NT domain (based On AD) groups.

This application is also accessed from another workgroup (not defined on
main NT domain).

I could control the access per user when using
<authentication mode="Windows"/>

and
<authorization>
<allow users="......./>

But this will Deny the other workgroup from seeing the application.

How could I provide the access per user level for two differnt domains.

Note:
The IIS security settings is: Anonmous Access and Integrated Windows Auth.

Help

--
MCSD not .Net yet :(

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security (More info?)

You can use Forms based authentication and write your own authentication
inheriting from the authentication base class.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Shaker" <Shaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an ASP.Net Application,
> This application is accessed based on user identiy authorization.
> This application is hosed on server locted on NT domain (based On AD)
groups.

> This application is also accessed from another workgroup (not defined on
> main NT domain).
>
> I could control the access per user when using
> <authentication mode="Windows"/>
>
> and
> <authorization>
> <allow users="......./>
>
> But this will Deny the other workgroup from seeing the application.
>
> How could I provide the access per user level for two differnt domains.
>
> Note:
> The IIS security settings is: Anonmous Access and Integrated Windows Auth.
>

> Help
>

> --
> MCSD not .Net yet :(

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security (More info?)

But I still need to base my authentication based on Windows, without needing
to do further authentication Forms.

"Ryan Hanisco" wrote:

> You can use Forms based authentication and write your own authentication
> inheriting from the authentication base class.
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> Flagship Integration Services
>
> "Shaker" <Shaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have an ASP.Net Application,
> > This application is accessed based on user identiy authorization.
> > This application is hosed on server locted on NT domain (based On AD)
> groups.
> >
> > This application is also accessed from another workgroup (not defined on
> > main NT domain).
> >
> > I could control the access per user when using
> > <authentication mode="Windows"/>
> >
> > and
> > <authorization>
> > <allow users="......./>
> >
> > But this will Deny the other workgroup from seeing the application.
> >
> > How could I provide the access per user level for two differnt domains.
> >
> > Note:
> > The IIS security settings is: Anonmous Access and Integrated Windows Auth.
> >

> > Help
> >

> > --
> > MCSD not .Net yet :(

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security (More info?)

You can tie the form to AD easily... that is a behaviour of the form...

Otherwise, you'll need to inherit the security authentication and roll your
own.

--

> But I still need to base my authentication based on Windows, without
needing
> to do further authentication Forms.
>
> "Ryan Hanisco" wrote:
>
> > You can use Forms based authentication and write your own authentication
> > inheriting from the authentication base class.
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Hanisco
> > MCSE, MCDBA
> > Flagship Integration Services
> >
> > "Shaker" <Shaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have an ASP.Net Application,
> > > This application is accessed based on user identiy authorization.
> > > This application is hosed on server locted on NT domain (based On AD)
> > groups.
> > >
> > > This application is also accessed from another workgroup (not defined
on
> > > main NT domain).
> > >
> > > I could control the access per user when using
> > > <authentication mode="Windows"/>
> > >
> > > and
> > > <authorization>
> > > <allow users="......./>
> > >
> > > But this will Deny the other workgroup from seeing the application.
> > >
> > > How could I provide the access per user level for two differnt
domains.

> > > Note:
> > > The IIS security settings is: Anonmous Access and Integrated Windows
Auth.

> > > Help
> > >

> > > --
> > > MCSD not .Net yet :(

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security (More info?)

Can you explain more details of how to do, or refere where it is?

Provided that I don't want to ask the user for more Passwords and ID more
than the time he did once he logged to the network, either to NT Domain(AD)
or to Workgroup domain (Not AD).