Error in Opening Group Policy

Hi All,
We are using Windows 2000 Server with SP4 as our Domain Controller and I am
the Domain Admin with all the Administrator rights. The problem which I am
facing is whenever i try to open GPO and Make a new Policy it gives me an
Error "Failed to Open Group Policy Object. You May not have appropriate
rights".

Please suggest me what should i do to make my AD Stable as it is not at all
allowing me to do anything.
Urgent help is required.

Regards,
Gautam
1 answer Last reply
More about error opening group policy

    Gautam,

    Check the rights again and make sure that you are able to manage the GPO
    objects. Otherwise you probably have an issue with DNS. You need to be
    able to contact the PDC emulator and RID pool to create a new GPO.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Gautam" <Gautam @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > We are using Windows 2000 Server with SP4 as our Domain Controller and I
    am
    > the Domain Admin with all the Administrator rights. The problem which I am
    > facing is whenever i try to open GPO and Make a new Policy it gives me an
    > Error "Failed to Open Group Policy Object. You May not have appropriate
    > rights".
    >
    > Please suggest me what should i do to make my AD Stable as it is not at
    all
    > allowing me to do anything.
    > Urgent help is required.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gautam

Policy Domain Controller Active Directory Windows