native mode

allen

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I know this topic has been talked about much in this group and from what I am
reading ONLY DCs are affected but I have to ask anyway.

Will moving from mixed to native mode affect legacy logon scripts running on
2000 or 98 clients? By legacy I mean scripts that are stored in
sysvol\domain\scripts.

"Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know this topic has been talked about much in this group and from what I
am
> reading ONLY DCs are affected but I have to ask anyway.

And the capabilities of the AD are increased.

> Will moving from mixed to native mode affect legacy logon scripts running
on
> 2000 or 98 clients? By legacy I mean scripts that are stored in
> sysvol\domain\scripts.

No.

That is not an issue with the DCs but is client only.

Those scripts are maintained on the DCs, but run
on the machines as they authenticate as clients of the
domain.

--
Herb Martin