Hi

I print about 25 E-Mails each day and for every single one I have to
labourisly click : Preferences/Print Quality/Draft/OK/Print to print in
Draft Mode - because after each document is printed it defaults back to
Standard Mode and I want Draft .....

I have tried setting up a "Profile" and this works but of course the printer
defaults back to "Current Settings" after each print job (back to Standard
Print)

I have looked for dip switches to force draft as default mode but there are
non.

The printer is a Canon iP1000 using the Canon Pixma Drivers on Windows XP
SP1

All I want to do is click the "Print" icon and watch a Draft copy appear as
default and CHOOSE Standard or High Quality as an option if I want, not this
annoying other way around.

Would there be a registry mod I could do or anything ?

Thanks

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <d4gsfv$1mq$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, greg350uk@yahoo.co.uk
says...
> I print about 25 E-Mails each day and for every single one I have to
> labourisly click : Preferences/Print Quality/Draft/OK/Print to print in
> Draft Mode - because after each document is printed it defaults back to
> Standard Mode and I want Draft .....
>
> I have tried setting up a "Profile" and this works but of course the printer
> defaults back to "Current Settings" after each print job (back to Standard
> Print)

Go to Start/Settings/Printers (or Start/Printers). Right-click your
printer and choose 'Printing Preferences'. Make your changes and click
OK. These will now be the defaults for most programs.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
> [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
> to the cited author.]
>
> In article <d4gsfv$1mq$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, greg350uk@yahoo.co.uk
> says...
> > I print about 25 E-Mails each day and for every single one I have to
> > labourisly click : Preferences/Print Quality/Draft/OK/Print to print in
> > Draft Mode - because after each document is printed it defaults back to
> > Standard Mode and I want Draft .....
> >
> > I have tried setting up a "Profile" and this works but of course the
printer
> > defaults back to "Current Settings" after each print job (back to
Standard
> > Print)
>
> Go to Start/Settings/Printers (or Start/Printers). Right-click your
> printer and choose 'Printing Preferences'. Make your changes and click
> OK. These will now be the defaults for most programs.
>
> --
> If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
> All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
> law!!
> http://home.att.net/~andyross

Worked like a dream, thanks very much - this is SO much quicker now.

I was disappointed initially as clicking "Printer Preferences" just threw up
the same old Preferences box that I see/alter for every print job but the
settings seemed to "Stick" doing it from the Start/Printers route !

Thanks again.