Outlook Radio Field

We have just setup some BlackBerry devices for upper

management. This devices are on the Nextel network

(meaning they use the Nextel radio feature). My question

is, in Outlook when entering a contacts phone number you

can pick the drop down menu and select Radio as an

option. If you enter the radio ID in this field it will

syncronize with the BlackBerry. The BlackBerry can also

lookup names and information based on Active Directory

when the BlackBerries are in the field. We would like to

be able to have active directory hold the Radio number

some where if possible. I can use the pager field to hold

the information however because this field isn't the

radio field the BlackBerry can view this information but

not use it. Is there a way to customize the Active

Directory Structure to represent the pager field as the

Radio field. I know that this is a little confusing but I

am trying to explain the best I can. The other benfit to

this would be when someone copies the contact from the

global address book to their local contacts that radio

field is field out here as well. Any ideas to this

problem.

Currently Active Directory only holds:

Telephone

Home Phone

Pager

Mobile

Fax

IP Phone.

Outlook has the ability to hold:

Assistant

Business

Business2

Business Fax

Callback

Car

Company

ETC...

and then

*** Radio *** (This field is what the BlackBerry

syncronizes with.)

Since the BlackBerry can use this field when avaiable I

was wondering if I could edit the Active Directory or if

there already is a way to put this information in Active

Directory.

TRENDING THREADS