Jul 5, 2006
Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Pro
Asus 256MB EN7600GT 2DHT
Intel Pentium D 805 2.66GHz
1024MB DDR2RAM OCZ PC667 Gold Dual channel kit
Sharkoon SHA450-8P 450W ATX 2.0
CPU Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Samsung SP1634

Thats my brandnew system. But WIN XP doesnt allow me to install it. Everytime I reach the point where it should start to copy files on the HD, i receive a bluescreen with a different message. Its always a STOP: 0x000000... message, which according to windows homepage refers to corrupted RAM, HD, CPU etc... all is brandnew, still I used some programs to check it all out, which lasted for hours and brought the result that everything is fine.

According to the Gigabyte FAQ, deactivating the Raid controller in BIOS when using only 1 hd should fix it, but it doesnt. Im desperate and so pissed off, I've tried almost everything... I cant help the feeling that something is wrong with the hardware, especially since Bios shows me 50°Celsius on CPU temp, which is almost impossible with this cooler and without overclocking... Ive treid optimized and fail-safe default bios settings, nothing worked so far. Please help me!

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
What utilities did you use to test the H/W? try creating a partition + formatting with another utility, ie. don't use windows setup utility. Are you getting the BSOD after formatting the drive? before? during the initial driver file copy? Try using Samsungs diagnostic tool, if there isn't one available, IBM/Hitachi's tool will run on any drive. Loop memtest or PC-Check to test the RAM. If you have access to another hard drive, give it a try, new RAM as well, try eliminating things one by one. Try disabling any onboard devices that are not essential for the installation (ie. onboard NIC, sound, etc.). Unplug non essential devices (ie. extra HDD's, optical drives, front audio, usb, etc.). If you don't have access to replacement H/W take the system to a local comp. store (one you trust of course). get them to swap H/W components one by one, and try the install. And of course check the installation media.

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Oh yeah, and if your using a SATA drive, make sure you have the latest drivers for you installation floppy. Hope this helps.

Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Pro
Asus 256MB EN7600GT 2DHT
Intel Pentium D 805 2.66GHz
1024MB DDR2RAM OCZ PC667 Gold Dual channel kit
Sharkoon SHA450-8P 450W ATX 2.0
CPU Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Samsung SP1634

Thats my brandnew system. But WIN XP doesnt allow me to install it. Everytime I reach the point where it should start to copy files on the HD, i receive a bluescreen with a different message. Its always a STOP: 0x000000... message, which according to windows homepage refers to corrupted RAM, HD, CPU etc... all is brandnew, still I used some programs to check it all out, which lasted for hours and brought the result that everything is fine.

According to the Gigabyte FAQ, deactivating the Raid controller in BIOS when using only 1 hd should fix it, but it doesnt. Im desperate and so pissed off, I've tried almost everything... I cant help the feeling that something is wrong with the hardware, especially since Bios shows me 50°Celsius on CPU temp, which is almost impossible with this cooler and without overclocking... Ive treid optimized and fail-safe default bios settings, nothing worked so far. Please help me!

Sounds like when XP accesses your HD you get a system failure message. Hmmmm? Is the Samsung HD new? Is that a SATA HD? Might be a bad HD right out of the box. Seen it with Hitachi. Could be a driver issue with your HD too.

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
What exactly was the error code? I prefer to use this site. http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm for troubleshooting stop messages. Usually when installing XP and getting blue screens I've noticed it was memory, might want to check manufactuers site to make sure there are no specific timing issues.

EDIT: noticed you had OCZ memory, I had a friend of mine have a hell of a time using OCZ, and he actually DID have an issue with the memory timings. It wasn't for the installation I'm sure, but something you may want to check

(try installing XP with one stick of memory from a different system)

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
If your HD is SATA hook it to the RED SATA ports. In the BIOS disable the Silicon Graphics (black ports) RAID and disable the NVRAID (red ports) then format your drive NTFS Full format and run WinXPSP2 setup again. If you enable the red port RAID then you will have to load the NVRAID (red ports) drivers when setup asks you for SCSI drivers (press F6 to add SCSI & RAID drivers)!

Decstarr

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
BOth sticks work on other systems... the weird thing is, ive done it and its working now... only because i removed 1 stick o_O Is the win xp installation program too dumb for 1 gig of ram or how can this be?

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
BOth sticks work on other systems... the weird thing is, ive done it and its working now... only because i removed 1 stick o_O Is the win xp installation program too dumb for 1 gig of ram or how can this be?

nah I was seeing if the memory has a bad problem reading/writing. I would really try a single stick from another system.

EDIT: What I've noticed is that when installing XP, if the memory has a problem it will become most apparent when installing the OS. This is why it's best to try a stick of known good memory.

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I'd suspect you've got any issue with your motherboard, some boards are very particular on RAM, could be a dual channel thing.