ADMT in mixed mode possible

Is it possible to run ADMT where the target is a mixed mode domain?

CN
2 answers Last reply
More about admt mixed mode possible

    No.

    Perform an inplace upgrade if you need the domain to be in mixed mode. An
    inplace upgrade *can* be where you remove Win 2k (2k3) from the new server
    and install NT 4.0 on it as a BDC while connected to your existing domain,
    promote to PDC then upgrade to Win 2k or 2k3.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "News-MS" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to run ADMT where the target is a mixed mode domain?
    >
    > CN

    There are two threads on this in the NG right now, but I'll recap.

    Yes. You can do this in Mixed mode, but you will not be able to migrate
    SIDHistory or the passwords. It is best to do it to Native mode if at all
    possible.

    Take a look at the ADMTv2 article at:
    http://www.intrinsic.net/resource/articles.html

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "News-MS" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to run ADMT where the target is a mixed mode domain?
    >
    > CN

Domain Microsoft Active Directory Windows