Epson R300 CD

Hi all:
I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it from
said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software can
not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to get
the thing set up!
So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. Thanks
so much.

More about epson r300

    And this is our problem because . . .
    So tell this "guy" you bought it from to come up with the CD or take 20% off
    what you paid for it. Of course you can't download software like Adobe
    Photoshop Elements, you have to buy it or use the version bundled with the
    printer. The drivers are, of course, freely available on the Epson website.
    So is the user manual. Like Miss P, I don't see a problem here.

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=26322&prodoid=37368458&infoType=Downloads&platform=All

    LSP wrote:
    > Hi all:
    > I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
    > disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought
    > it from said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download
    > everything I needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly
    > true. The software can not be downloaded & it was a bear going
    > through all the driver files to get the thing set up!
    > So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a
    > copy of the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping
    > me out. Thanks so much.

    I don't understand this - all the necessary software *can* be downloaded
    from Epson's site. But here's something I don't understand; as you've never
    seen the CD, how do you know what's on it to know that you're missing
    something?

    I have an R800, and I've never used the CD to install it, or the software.
    Everything I've ever used I've downloaded from Epson's site.

    Here's the link (http://tinyurl.com/dcx43) to all the downloads for the
    R300. That's everything; trust me. What do you think you're missing?

    You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
    you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
    them order a CD for you.

    The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
    software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
    CD software anywhere on the site.

    CarBone wrote:
    > You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
    > you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
    > them order a CD for you.
    >
    > The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
    > software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
    > CD software anywhere on the site.

    No we don't. I have a friend in the US with an identical printer and the
    software is the same.

    The European version of the R300 comes with PhotoQuicker software and
    the American R300 comes with Film Factory software.
    Also, you cannot download Epson Print CD so you will not be able to
    print on CD's or DVD's.

    If the person who needs the R300 disk will repost with an email
    address, I will make arrangements to send an extra copy of the
    original Epson R300 driver disk to them.

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:21:34 GMT, "LSP" <l.preder@mchsi.com> wrote:

    >Hi all:
    >I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
    >disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it from
    >said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
    >needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software can
    >not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to get
    >the thing set up!
    >So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
    >the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. Thanks
    >so much.

    90% of the Software in on the Epson sites..

    Go Look..

    Thanks so very much CarBone. I'm glad you understood. There was this email
    address in the header, so I decided to give it a try. Maybe it will work
    and maybe not. My email is dostortugas@hotmail.com
    > The European version of the R300 comes with PhotoQuicker software and
    > the American R300 comes with Film Factory software.
    > Also, you cannot download Epson Print CD so you will not be able to
    > print on CD's or DVD's.
    >
    > If the person who needs the R300 disk will repost with an email
    > address, I will make arrangements to send an extra copy of the
    > original Epson R300 driver disk to them.
    >
    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:12:41 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    > <test@test.com> wrote:
    >
    > >CarBone wrote:
    > >> You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
    > >> you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
    > >> them order a CD for you.
    > >>
    > >> The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
    > >> software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
    > >> CD software anywhere on the site.
    > >
    > >No we don't. I have a friend in the US with an identical printer and the
    > >software is the same.

    If you live in the US you DO NOT GET THE PRINT CD SOFTWARE.

    This is only available with European models, and hence why you can't
    download it.

    Mike

    "CSE" <cse@noware.comn> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:21:34 GMT, "LSP" <l.preder@mchsi.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all:
    > >I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
    > >disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it
    from
    > >said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
    > >needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software
    can
    > >not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to
    get
    > >the thing set up!
    > >So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
    > >the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out.
    Thanks
    > >so much.

    > 90% of the Software in on the Epson sites..
    >
    > Go Look..

Printers Epson CD-Rom Peripherals