Epson R300 CD

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 25, 2005 4:21:34 AM

Hi all:
I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it from
said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software can
not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to get
the thing set up!
So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. Thanks
so much.

More about : epson r300

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 4:21:35 AM

And this is our problem because . . .
So tell this "guy" you bought it from to come up with the CD or take 20% off
what you paid for it. Of course you can't download software like Adobe
Photoshop Elements, you have to buy it or use the version bundled with the
printer. The drivers are, of course, freely available on the Epson website.
So is the user manual. Like Miss P, I don't see a problem here.

"LSP" <l.preder@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Hi all:
> I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
> disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it
from
> said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
> needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software
can
> not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to
get
> the thing set up!
> So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
> the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out.
Thanks
> so much.

April 25, 2005 4:21:36 AM

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And this is our problem because . . .
> So tell this "guy" you bought it from to come up with the CD or take 20%
> off
> what you paid for it. Of course you can't download software like Adobe
> Photoshop Elements, you have to buy it or use the version bundled with the
> printer. The drivers are, of course, freely available on the Epson
> website.
> So is the user manual. Like Miss P, I don't see a problem here.
>
> "LSP" <l.preder@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all:
>> I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
>> disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it
> from
>> said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
>> needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software
> can
>> not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to
> get
>> the thing set up!
>> So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
>> the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out.
> Thanks
>> so much.

April 25, 2005 6:23:41 AM

LSP wrote:
> Hi all:
> I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
> disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought
> it from said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download
> everything I needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly
> true. The software can not be downloaded & it was a bear going
> through all the driver files to get the thing set up!
> So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a
> copy of the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping
> me out. Thanks so much.

I don't understand this - all the necessary software *can* be downloaded
from Epson's site. But here's something I don't understand; as you've never
seen the CD, how do you know what's on it to know that you're missing
something?

I have an R800, and I've never used the CD to install it, or the software.
Everything I've ever used I've downloaded from Epson's site.

Here's the link (http://tinyurl.com/dcx43) to all the downloads for the
R300. That's everything; trust me. What do you think you're missing?

April 25, 2005 6:23:42 AM

You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
them order a CD for you.

The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
CD software anywhere on the site.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:23:41 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<test@test.com> wrote:

>LSP wrote:
>> Hi all:
>> I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
>> disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought
>> it from said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download
>> everything I needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly
>> true. The software can not be downloaded & it was a bear going
>> through all the driver files to get the thing set up!
>> So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a
>> copy of the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping
>> me out. Thanks so much.

>I don't understand this - all the necessary software *can* be downloaded
>from Epson's site. But here's something I don't understand; as you've never
>seen the CD, how do you know what's on it to know that you're missing
>something?
>
>I have an R800, and I've never used the CD to install it, or the software.
>Everything I've ever used I've downloaded from Epson's site.
>
>Here's the link (http://tinyurl.com/dcx43) to all the downloads for the
>R300. That's everything; trust me. What do you think you're missing?
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:12:41 AM

CarBone wrote:
> You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
> you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
> them order a CD for you.
>
> The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
> software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
> CD software anywhere on the site.

No we don't. I have a friend in the US with an identical printer and the
software is the same.

April 25, 2005 8:46:46 AM

The European version of the R300 comes with PhotoQuicker software and
the American R300 comes with Film Factory software.
Also, you cannot download Epson Print CD so you will not be able to
print on CD's or DVD's.

If the person who needs the R300 disk will repost with an email
address, I will make arrangements to send an extra copy of the
original Epson R300 driver disk to them.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:12:41 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<test@test.com> wrote:

>CarBone wrote:
>> You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
>> you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
>> them order a CD for you.
>>
>> The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
>> software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
>> CD software anywhere on the site.
>
>No we don't. I have a friend in the US with an identical printer and the
>software is the same.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:28:13 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:21:34 GMT, "LSP" <l.preder@mchsi.com> wrote:

>Hi all:
>I just purchased this R300 and there was no CD with it. I'm very
>disappointed about not getting it with the printer. The guy I bought it from
>said he can't find it or whatever, and that I could download everything I
>needed from the Epson site. Well that is not exactly true. The software can
>not be downloaded & it was a bear going through all the driver files to get
>the thing set up!
>So I was wondering if anyone had this printer and would make me a copy of
>the cd? Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. Thanks
>so much.

90% of the Software in on the Epson sites..

Go Look..
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:35:08 AM

Thanks so very much CarBone. I'm glad you understood. There was this email
address in the header, so I decided to give it a try. Maybe it will work
and maybe not. My email is dostortugas@hotmail.com
> The European version of the R300 comes with PhotoQuicker software and
> the American R300 comes with Film Factory software.
> Also, you cannot download Epson Print CD so you will not be able to
> print on CD's or DVD's.
>
> If the person who needs the R300 disk will repost with an email
> address, I will make arrangements to send an extra copy of the
> original Epson R300 driver disk to them.
>
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:12:41 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <test@test.com> wrote:
>
> >CarBone wrote:
> >> You can either call EPSON customer service and ask for them to send
> >> you a driver CD or go back to where you purchased the printer and have
> >> them order a CD for you.
> >>
> >> The site referenced below is for Europe and they have different
> >> software than in other countries. Also I did not see the EPSON Print
> >> CD software anywhere on the site.
> >
> >No we don't. I have a friend in the US with an identical printer and the
> >software is the same.

April 27, 2005 12:28:19 AM

If you live in the US you DO NOT GET THE PRINT CD SOFTWARE.

This is only available with European models, and hence why you can't
download it.

Mike

!