Startup Program

I have the following as one of my startup programs but can't find much info
on it. Is this something I need or can I safely delete it?

tgcmd.exe/server
2 answers Last reply
More about startup program

    "Tgcmd.exe is a process associated with an online support software from SupportSoft.
    It is often used for on-line support by large manufacturers like Sony and Toshiba."

    Ref: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/tgcmd/

    Tgcmd.exe definition, relationships, removal:
    http://www.2-spyware.com/file-tgcmd-exe.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:40:47 -0700, Dan wrote:

    > I have the following as one of my startup programs but can't find much info
    > on it. Is this something I need or can I safely delete it?
    >
    > tgcmd.exe/server

    In addition to the software packages mentioned by Carey that implement this
    module, I believe SBC Yahoo uses this in conjunction with their connection
    manager too.

    You'll need to figure out what program that you have installed introduced
    this to your system. You may be able to tie it in to a program name by
    searching on "Date" criteria ("Modified" or "Created") with other
    files/programs that appeared on the same date.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Servers Microsoft Windows XP