Startup Program

September 30, 2004 2:40:47 PM

I have the following as one of my startup programs but can't find much info
on it. Is this something I need or can I safely delete it?

tgcmd.exe/server

More about : startup program

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 4:56:06 PM

"Tgcmd.exe is a process associated with an online support software from SupportSoft.
It is often used for on-line support by large manufacturers like Sony and Toshiba."

Ref: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/process...

Tgcmd.exe definition, relationships, removal:
http://www.2-spyware.com/file-tgcmd-exe.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Dan" wrote:

| I have the following as one of my startup programs but can't find much info
| on it. Is this something I need or can I safely delete it?
|
| tgcmd.exe/server
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 5:36:43 PM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:40:47 -0700, Dan wrote:

> I have the following as one of my startup programs but can't find much info
> on it. Is this something I need or can I safely delete it?
>
> tgcmd.exe/server

In addition to the software packages mentioned by Carey that implement this
module, I believe SBC Yahoo uses this in conjunction with their connection
manager too.

You'll need to figure out what program that you have installed introduced
this to your system. You may be able to tie it in to a program name by
searching on "Date" criteria ("Modified" or "Created") with other
files/programs that appeared on the same date.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User