disabling autoplay on cd/dvd players

Before I installed SP2 I could double-click on a cd or dvd drive to open it
in "my computer".
But now that I have SP2 it seems like I can't.
I want to be able to open the cd in "my computer" by double-clicking.
I have searched for an option to turn of the autoplay, with no luck.
How/where can i setup that?

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:47:03 -0700, Flonker wrote:

> Before I installed SP2 I could double-click on a cd or dvd drive to open it
> in "my computer".
> But now that I have SP2 it seems like I can't.
> I want to be able to open the cd in "my computer" by double-clicking.
> I have searched for an option to turn of the autoplay, with no luck.
> How/where can i setup that?

Right click the icon for the drive and select Properties. On the AutoPlay
page, set each media type to "take no action."

Personally, I use TweakUI for XP which lets you disable/enable AutoPlay on
a per drive basis. I have two CD/DVD drives so I leave it enabled on one
for those few CDs that I do want running automatically and turn it off on
the other one. TweakUI is one of the Power toys for XP. A link to the
download can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/default.mspx

--
Sharon F