One more thing...

I have an older game that I don't play anymore because I have so many quests
built up in the quest log. I like to have a fairly clean one with only 6 or
7 quests going on at once (yes, I'm running Tribunal and Bloodmoon) but so
many are broken that I don't know what to do...

Is there any way to edit the journal and take out the broken, finished
quests?

Like there's this one guy out west of Caldera, I think, who has no clothes,
and says a witch drugged him and took his axe. When we find the witch
together she tells me he was molesting her (or something) and when I
confront him he attacks me. So okay, kill him and talk to the "witch". She
says "Here's some potions or something...Meet me in the Caldera Mage Guild
in 3 days and I'll give you something else..." But the rhymes-with-"witch"
is never there! Halp!

There's others, too....

MERLIN

"DoomMunky" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> skrev i en meddelelse
> I have an older game that I don't play anymore because I have so many
quests
> built up in the quest log. I like to have a fairly clean one with only
6 or
> 7 quests going on at once (yes, I'm running Tribunal and Bloodmoon) but
so
> many are broken that I don't know what to do...
>
> Is there any way to edit the journal and take out the broken, finished
> quests?

The journal contents is in a html-file in your morrowind
directory (journal.html). Theoretically it should be
possible to edit it and remove obsolete or unnecessary
jobs. But some of these are so interlaced with others,
that - if not careful -you risk ruining others. The questgiver is checking
your journal before he passes
on new information or assignments. He might very
well need to see if you have completed an earlier job
before he will give you the quest. My advice is to leave
it as it is

merlin