Event ID: 439
Date: 30/01/2005
Time: 05:50:08
User: N/A
Computer: HO-SV-10002
NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.

Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of files
and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last resort....
:)

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: NTDS ISAM
> Event Category: Logging/Recovery
> Event ID: 439
> Date: 30/01/2005
> Time: 05:50:08
> User: N/A
> Computer: HO-SV-10002
> NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.

i have sufficient disk space on my DC about 3 GB.
what can i do to resolve this case

"Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:

> Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
> situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of files
> and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last resort....
> :)
>
> Regards,
> /Jimmy
> --
> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
> ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
>

> "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: NTDS ISAM
> > Event Category: Logging/Recovery
> > Event ID: 439
> > Date: 30/01/2005
> > Time: 05:50:08
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: HO-SV-10002
> > NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.

Rename the Edb.chk file. When Active Directory boots, it will check the
integrity of the DIT file and log. If problems
are encountered, a soft recovery is attempted.

Regards,
/Jimmy
--

>i have sufficient disk space on my DC about 3 GB.
> what can i do to resolve this case
>
> "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
>> situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of
>> files
>> and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last
>> resort....
>> :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Jimmy
>> --
>> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
>> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>> ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
>>

>> "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Event Type: Error
>> > Event Source: NTDS ISAM
>> > Event Category: Logging/Recovery
>> > Event ID: 439
>> > Date: 30/01/2005
>> > Time: 05:50:08
>> > User: N/A
>> > Computer: HO-SV-10002
>> > NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.
>> >
>> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

i must be in mode restore to do this issue ??