Event ID: 439
Date: 30/01/2005
Time: 05:50:08
User: N/A
Computer: HO-SV-10002
NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.

More about unable write shadowed header error

    Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
    situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of files
    and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last resort....
    :)

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

    "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: NTDS ISAM
    > Event Category: Logging/Recovery
    > Event ID: 439
    > Date: 30/01/2005
    > Time: 05:50:08
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: HO-SV-10002
    > NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.

    i have sufficient disk space on my DC about 3 GB.
    what can i do to resolve this case

    "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:

    > Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
    > situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of files
    > and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last resort....
    > :)
    >
    > Regards,
    > /Jimmy
    > --
    > Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    > ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    >

    > "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: NTDS ISAM
    > > Event Category: Logging/Recovery
    > > Event ID: 439
    > > Date: 30/01/2005
    > > Time: 05:50:08
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: HO-SV-10002
    > > NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.

    Rename the Edb.chk file. When Active Directory boots, it will check the
    integrity of the DIT file and log. If problems
    are encountered, a soft recovery is attempted.

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --

    >i have sufficient disk space on my DC about 3 GB.
    > what can i do to resolve this case
    >
    > "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
    >> situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of
    >> files
    >> and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last
    >> resort....
    >> :)
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> /Jimmy
    >> --
    >> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    >> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    >> ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    >>

    >> "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > Event Type: Error
    >> > Event Source: NTDS ISAM
    >> > Event Category: Logging/Recovery
    >> > Event ID: 439
    >> > Date: 30/01/2005
    >> > Time: 05:50:08
    >> > User: N/A
    >> > Computer: HO-SV-10002
    >> > NTDS (264) Unable to write a shadowed header for file c:\ntds\edb.chk.
    >> >
    >> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    i must be in mode restore to do this issue ??

    "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:

    > Rename the Edb.chk file. When Active Directory boots, it will check the
    > integrity of the DIT file and log. If problems
    > are encountered, a soft recovery is attempted.
    >
    > Regards,
    > /Jimmy
    > --
    > Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    > ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    >

    > "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i have sufficient disk space on my DC about 3 GB.
    > > what can i do to resolve this case
    > >
    > > "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Check disk space. If you have sufficient space post again. In some
    > >> situations you can solve these kinds of issues by deleting a couple of
    > >> files
    > >> and let the system re-create them. But let's try that as a last
    > >> resort....
    > >> :)
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >> /Jimmy
    > >> --
    > >> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    > >> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    > >> ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    > >>

    > >> "Samir Chaouche" <SamirChaouche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > >> message

Data Recovery Microsoft Active Directory Windows