Event 1000, source Userenv

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message that
describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy engine.

Does someone know what is problem and how it resolve ?
Thanks for any help.
4 answers Last reply
More about event 1000 source userenv

    Event ID: 1000 have many solutions depending on the Source, ­Error Code (if
    any) and Description, can you post them?

    Q279432 - Event ID 1000 and 1202 Messages May Occur Every Fi­ve Minutes on
    the Domain Controller
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q279/4/32.ASP

    Regards,
    /Jimmy

    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

    "Jacek Stempkowski" <jacek_stempkowski@o2.pl> wrote in message
    > Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message that
    > describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy engine.
    >
    > Does someone know what is problem and how it resolve ?
    > Thanks for any help.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 2005-02-01
    Time: 08:10:36
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: DC01
    Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message that
    describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy engine.

    This error appears no regular time on the domain controller in applications
    section. I don't have any diffrent errors in this moment. There is only one
    error and appears a few times in day.Example 23:20 23:22 23:35 05:40 11:23

    Best regards
    Jacek

    U¿ytkownik "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" <jimmy_NO_SPAM_@mvps.org> napisa³ w
    wiadomo¶ci news:uPoA8%23ECFHA.3096@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Event ID: 1000 have many solutions depending on the Source, ­Error Code
    > (if
    > any) and Description, can you post them?
    >

    > Q279432 - Event ID 1000 and 1202 Messages May Occur Every Fi­ve Minutes on
    > the Domain Controller
    > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q279/4/32.ASP
    >

    > Regards,
    > /Jimmy
    >

    > --
    > Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    > ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    >

    > "Jacek Stempkowski" <jacek_stempkowski@o2.pl> wrote in message
    >> Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message
    >> that describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy
    >> engine.
    >>
    >> Does someone know what is problem and how it resolve ?
    >> Thanks for any help.

    Jacek,

    This is usually indicative of DNS problems locating the PDC Emulator. You
    either have a DNS problem, or you have a network. Connection problem with
    the PDC Master.

    I would start with the DCDiag and NetDiag tools in verbose mode and work
    from there.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Jacek Stempkowski" <jacek_stempkowski@o2.pl> wrote in message
    > Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message that
    > describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy engine.
    >
    > Does someone know what is problem and how it resolve ?
    > Thanks for any help.

    also consider looking at this
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&eventno=857&source=Userenv&phase=1

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Userenv
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1000
    > Date: 2005-02-01
    > Time: 08:10:36
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: DC01
    > Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message that
    > describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy engine.
    >
    > This error appears no regular time on the domain controller in
    > applications section. I don't have any diffrent errors in this moment.
    > There is only one error and appears a few times in day.Example 23:20 23:22
    > 23:35 05:40 11:23 ......
    >
    > Best regards
    > Jacek
    >
    > U¿ytkownik "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" <jimmy_NO_SPAM_@mvps.org> napisa³ w
    > wiadomo¶ci news:uPoA8%23ECFHA.3096@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >> Event ID: 1000 have many solutions depending on the Source, ­Error Code
    >> (if
    >> any) and Description, can you post them?
    >>

    >> Q279432 - Event ID 1000 and 1202 Messages May Occur Every Fi­ve Minutes
    >> on
    >> the Domain Controller
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q279/4/32.ASP
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >> /Jimmy
    >>

    >> --
    >> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    >> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    >> ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    >>

    >> "Jacek Stempkowski" <jacek_stempkowski@o2.pl> wrote in message
    >>> Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message
    >>> that describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy
    >>> engine.
    >>>
    >>> Does someone know what is problem and how it resolve ?
    >>> Thanks for any help.

Policy Microsoft Active Directory Windows