Mouse casuing massive system slowdown

Hey,

After running tf2 for the first time in a while I discovered that it was running slower than it normally does and noticed it happens only when I move the mouse, without moving the mouse I sit at around 150fps, when I do it goes down to basically 1fps,

I tried this on CSS and it happened again, so I tried a Call of Duty Black Ops Multi + Zombie and there was no problems at all, so then I tried on Trackmania Nations Forever and it happens on that game.

I have tried un-installing mouse drivers then replugging the mouse, a recent system restore point and had no luck

any suggestions??

All help is appreciated ;)
17 answers Last reply
More about mouse casuing massive system slowdown
  1. When moving your mouse your also stressing out your graphics card more because its drawing and rendering more 3d objects in motion. Make sure you graphic card's driver is up to date.
  2. Quote:
    When moving your mouse your also stressing out your graphics card more because its drawing and rendering more 3d objects in motion.

rendering the mouse shouldn`t be the problem :D

maybe updating drivers can fix this problem and test other usb ports
    Does the mouse work under windows fine?
    And update or patch the games - maybe try a reinstall of them
  3. dome94 said:
    Quote:
    When moving your mouse your also stressing out your graphics card more because its drawing and rendering more 3d objects in motion.

rendering the mouse shouldn`t be the problem :D

maybe updating drivers can fix this problem and test other usb ports
    Does the mouse work under windows fine?
    And update or patch the games - maybe try a reinstall of them

Rendering the mouse? I never said that. I was talking about rendering 3d objects with in the game.
  4. I just completely re-installed my latest graphics card drivers as well as making sure directx was up to date, also tried using a different USB port but the problem is still occuring

Just tried Mount & Blade and the problem still occurs, just moving the mouse side to side within 2 inches of the screen makes the game run at 5 fps for some reason
  5. What mouse is it? Are you using any software for the mouse?
  6. a Razer Salmosa and no just the normal windows installed drivers, installed the razer ones but they dont make a difference,

also just discovered that down scrolling has stopped working, so tried it on my laptop and it works fine, so its almost definately a software problem
  7. Go to device manager, click on Mice and other pointing devices. Does it only have one listing of "HID-compliant mouse"?

Right click on it and then click the tab driver. What is the version and date of the driver listed?
  8. Yes that is the only listing

the Date is 21/06/2006
    Version : 6.1.7600.16385

but seems as this has only started happening recently then it would cause me to assume that it would be conflicting with something else that I couldve installed,

But after installing the razer drivers again my down scroll now works xD, will test in a few games
  9. Let us know how the razer drivers do in the game tests.
  10. just tried tf2 again and when moving the mouse rapidly it seems to have improved to a gradual slow down, whilst just moving at a general pace it goes back to almost stopping completely

which in a FPS game is the whole point
  11. Hmmm maybe a memory leak?
  12. I dont think it could be a memory leak as if im not using the mouse at all and just sit idle on the menu screen im getting 200 - 300 fps, its only after moving the mouse it begins to slow down,

I have also tried 2 different mice and the same problem occurs so im fairly sure at this point it is not the mouse
  13. Also just used the windows resource monitor and there were no hardfaults over 2 minutes of mouse moving on the menu
  14. Is this happening on only your steam games?
  15. I just tried World of Tanks and Starcraft 2, it was fine in Starcraft 2 but the same problem in World of Tanks
  16. What is your graphic card?
  17. HD 5850

a quick fyi :
    I ran all these games fine last week with 100fps+ in all of them so my rig is more than capable of running the games normally.
Ask a new question

Read More

Call of Duty Mice Windows 7