adfind command

Hi,

I am trying to find out the date when the Secure Channel Password for one of
our servers gets reset. I am told that I should use the following command:

adfind -tdc -default -f name=machinename pwdLastSet

Should I run this command on the domain controller? If so, is this command
going to have any adverse effect on either the DC, or the machine which I am
querying about its password reset? FYI: The machine I am querying is
Exchange Server 2000. As you know, Exchange is tightly integrated with
Active Directory. I just want to make sure this command is not going to have
a bad effect on either of two computers.

Thanks

This is just a normal LDAP query and wont affect your AD...

--
Regards

Matja¾ Ladava, ladava.com
MCSA, MCSE, MCT
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

"Amir Marathonian" <AmirMarathonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CBE83295-9BDA-413C-8BAD-7A49B3C902BD@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find out the date when the Secure Channel Password for one
> of
> our servers gets reset. I am told that I should use the following
> command:
>
> adfind -tdc -default -f name=machinename pwdLastSet
>
> Should I run this command on the domain controller? If so, is this
> command
> going to have any adverse effect on either the DC, or the machine which I
> am
> querying about its password reset? FYI: The machine I am querying is
> Exchange Server 2000. As you know, Exchange is tightly integrated with
> Active Directory. I just want to make sure this command is not going to
> have
> a bad effect on either of two computers.
>
> Thanks

Adfind is read only, you can't modify in the AD with it.

joe

www.joeware.net