Multiple Phone lines on single ATA ?

I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
know that caller is calling which of our company .

Would appreciate all your help .

--
SIP2PSTN

SIP2PSTN <SIP2PSTN.1qgqvq@news.broadbandbanter.com> wrote:
> I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
> multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
> recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
> its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
> would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
> that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
> we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
> know that caller is calling which of our company .

If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you can
have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller ID to
tell you which virtual line the call came in on.

miguel

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Miguel Cruz wrote:

> SIP2PSTN <SIP2PSTN.1qgqvq@news.broadbandbanter.com> wrote:
>> I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
>> multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
>> recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
>> its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
>> would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
>> that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
>> we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
>> know that caller is calling which of our company .
>
> If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you
> can have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller
> ID to tell you which virtual line the call came in on.
>
> miguel

I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
(assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

7 <website_has_email@www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Miguel Cruz wrote:
>> SIP2PSTN <SIP2PSTN.1qgqvq@news.broadbandbanter.com> wrote:
>>> I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
>>> multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
>>> recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
>>> its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
>>> would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
>>> that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
>>> we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
>>> know that caller is calling which of our company .
>>
>> If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you
>> can have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller
>> ID to tell you which virtual line the call came in on.
>
> I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
> What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
> (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

If you have an ATA to connect your phones to, and will be receiving calls
over the internet via SIP, then you don't need any other hardware.

miguel

SIP2PSTN wrote:
> I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
> multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
> recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA .
> It its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata
> which would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how
> help to know that the incoming call is made to which phone number .
> because we until we know that , we cant use one single ata for two
> companies as we wont know that caller is calling which of our
> company .
>
> Would appreciate all your help .

How many lines do you need..? The Sipura SPA-2000 has two phone ports -
see www.sipura.com/products/spa2000.htm

Not sure what you mean by which number is being called, can't you tell by
which phone is ringing..?!

Ivor

mnc@admin.u.nu (Miguel Cruz) writes:
> If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you can
> have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller ID to
> tell you which virtual line the call came in on.

I have to say, this is definitely one of the nicer aspects of running
asterisk. I wonder which other of the sip daemons can do this trick.
After spending a day or two reading about SER I still couldn't see a
way to do it.

Anyone know of another sip daemon that can dispatch calls to various
sip providers?

-wolfgang

7 <website_has_email@www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
> What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
> (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

I believe that there are even people that have ported a stripped down
asterisk to the Linksys wrt-54g (a $60 home wifi "router"). If you
wanted a totally quiet, low power asterisk and had a bit of time to
tinker, this might be the way to go. Even my lowest power, oldest x86
computer, a ppro-150 takes 28 watts when just sitting there.

-wolfgang

Draytek 2600V and Zyxel 2602 HW/L routers have two built in VoIP ports, but
can be set up
to operate both from one phone. The HWL version will let you access the POTS
line too.he Draytek only allows for one VoIP registrar at the moment, but
that should be addressed soon with firmware update.
Regards,
Martin

You can build -up a switch matrix to join multiple voip and pstn lines using
the Combine-a-line units

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5781745368&rd=1&sspagenam
e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

excerpt from listing

COMBINE-A-LINE .. Imagine..1=2

Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
machine, caller ID or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?.. Automatically?

OR

How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack
into a single handset?

OR

USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
well!

OR

see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already in a
telco call???

THEN...........................................

Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines to
be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing and
PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your
home office or for the family.

Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company including
Caller ID. It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are
Protecting your equipment.

Use combine-aline to automatically switch between VOIP and pots (rboc) plain
local line, hands free!.

SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody
picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features
just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a call.
The LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

Easy to use, No batteries or power supply, and no programming needed! Our
re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and cumbersome
power supply wires, reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then when connected
to household power supplies"

Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop wires
with Combine-A-Line.

USE BUY NOW and get FREE SHIPPING

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> 7 <website_has_email@www.ecu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> > I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
> > What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
> > (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?
>
> I believe that there are even people that have ported a stripped down
> asterisk to the Linksys wrt-54g (a $60 home wifi "router"). If you
> wanted a totally quiet, low power asterisk and had a bit of time to
> tinker, this might be the way to go. Even my lowest power, oldest x86
> computer, a ppro-150 takes 28 watts when just sitting there.

That's right, and it isn't even stripped too much: I'm running one at
home and I'm very happy with it. The main limitation is the lack of a
hardware FPU, which makes some codecs that rely upon floating-point
based implementations (LPC10, iLBC, Speex) unusable if not in
pass-through mode. Otherwise, the CPU appears about as powerful as a
300 MHz Celeron. See e.g. the threads at
http://openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6720 and
http://openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6900#p6900 .

Enzo