edit of ADUC on workstation with adminpak problem

Im running as domain admin on a workstation with the sp4 adminpak
installed (all systems DC's on SP4) and when editing an AD account or
telling sites and services to replicate now I receive an error:-

not enough space or not enough storage is available to complete this
operation.

If I remote into the servers there is no problem doing the same tasks
from there ... any ideas?

Try restarting the server service.

When you remote onto this machine pull up the task manager and have a look
to see if the memory usage is high. I've seen errors like this point at the
server service crashed, the system leaking memory, etc.

If this is the case, a good old reboot often fixes it ;-)

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"Jas0n" <no@email.here> wrote in message
Im running as domain admin on a workstation with the sp4 adminpak
installed (all systems DC's on SP4) and when editing an AD account or
telling sites and services to replicate now I receive an error:-

not enough space or not enough storage is available to complete this
operation.

If I remote into the servers there is no problem doing the same tasks
from there ... any ideas?

In article <#WecJ3WCFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, ptw2001@hotmail.com
says...
> Try restarting the server service.
>
> When you remote onto this machine pull up the task manager and have a look
> to see if the memory usage is high. I've seen errors like this point at the
> server service crashed, the system leaking memory, etc.
>
> If this is the case, a good old reboot often fixes it ;-)

The servers themselves all work fine changing anything with AD and
besides that have had a reboot only a day or so ago due to a couple
hours power outage in the area and are working fine.

the problem is my workstation, its a fresh w2k pro sp4 install with
adminpak.msi installed and im trying to use the tools to use ADUC from
my workstation for resseting passwords, standard AD tasks, etc which is
when I get the error - and a reboot of the workstation doesnt sort it.

What adminpak.msi did you install?

If you're running Win2k SP4 you should, ideally, be running the SP4 version
of adminpak. Did you install Windows with a slipstreamed version? Or did
you build with a lower SP, adminpak and then SP4 it?

--

ptwilliams wrote:
> What adminpak.msi did you install?
>
> If you're running Win2k SP4 you should, ideally, be running the SP4 version
> of adminpak. Did you install Windows with a slipstreamed version? Or did
> you build with a lower SP, adminpak and then SP4 it?

Installed from a RIS image that has SP4 already in it, then installed
sp4 adminpak

Jas0n wrote:
> ptwilliams wrote:
>
>> What adminpak.msi did you install?
>>
>> If you're running Win2k SP4 you should, ideally, be running the SP4
>> version of adminpak. Did you install Windows with a slipstreamed
>> version? Or did you build with a lower SP, adminpak and then SP4 it?
>>

> Installed from a RIS image that has SP4 already in it, then installed
> sp4 adminpak

appears to have been a problem with the computer account, dropped to
workgroup, deleted computer account, re-joined to domain and its working
ok now.

Ah...that often fixes things ;-)

Shame we couldn't get to the bottom of it...

Well it's working. All the best.