Rights needed to add PC to domain

If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what group
should I add them to?

Darrell
3 answers Last reply
More about rights needed domain

    just delegate them right to create/delete computer account into Computers
    container in AD + they must be local Admin on their workstations

    See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=251335 for more info.

    --
    Regards

    Matja¾ Ladava, ladava.com
    MCSA, MCSE, MCT
    Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
    e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

    "Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what
    > group
    > should I add them to?
    >
    > Darrell

    By default, all users can add up to ten machines to the domain.

    If you want to add more you can, like Matjaz stated, grant a certain group
    create computers permission to the computers container, modify the
    ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota domain partition attribute, or you can grant the
    user(s) additional rights (Add workstations to domain) via GPO.

    --

    Paul Williams

    http://www.msresource.net/
    http://forums.msresource.net/

    "Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what group
    should I add them to?

    Darrell

    Thanks!

    "ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > By default, all users can add up to ten machines to the domain.
    >
    > If you want to add more you can, like Matjaz stated, grant a certain group
    > create computers permission to the computers container, modify the
    > ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota domain partition attribute, or you can grant the
    > user(s) additional rights (Add workstations to domain) via GPO.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Paul Williams
    >
    > http://www.msresource.net/
    > http://forums.msresource.net/
    >
    > "Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what
    group
    > should I add them to?
    >
    > Darrell

Domain Microsoft Active Directory Windows