Rights needed to add PC to domain

Darrell

If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what group
should I add them to?

Darrell

just delegate them right to create/delete computer account into Computers
container in AD + they must be local Admin on their workstations

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=251335 for more info.

--
Regards

Matja¾ Ladava, ladava.com
MCSA, MCSE, MCT
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

"Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what
> group
> should I add them to?
>
> Darrell

By default, all users can add up to ten machines to the domain.

If you want to add more you can, like Matjaz stated, grant a certain group
create computers permission to the computers container, modify the
ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota domain partition attribute, or you can grant the
user(s) additional rights (Add workstations to domain) via GPO.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"Darrell" <darrell_eddy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
If I want certain users to be able to add their PC to the domain, what group
should I add them to?

Darrell

Darrell

Thanks!