Adding network printers via command line in AD

I've recently learned how to add network printers via the command line for
all users on a workstation. I'm looking to take this a little further, using
the "Add Global Printer Remotely" command I am able to remotely add a printer
to a machine, is there a way for me to possibly add a printer to a large
group of workstations at once, or to an OU in Active Directory?

Thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about adding network printers command line

    I'm not familiar with that command, but you can easily automate the command
    using batch files.

    You can also script this kind of thing with VBScript, or any WSH-compatible
    script.

    There's also a resource-kit tool that I can't remember the name of...

    --

    Paul Williams

    http://www.msresource.net/
    http://forums.msresource.net/

    "Springside" <Springside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I've recently learned how to add network printers via the command line for
    all users on a workstation. I'm looking to take this a little further,
    using
    the "Add Global Printer Remotely" command I am able to remotely add a
    printer
    to a machine, is there a way for me to possibly add a printer to a large
    group of workstations at once, or to an OU in Active Directory?

    Thanks in advance!

    Hi,

    >is there a way for me to possibly add a printer to a large
    >group of workstations at once, or to an OU in Active Directory

    Hi,

    I use the following in a .bat file and then assign it as a startup
    script for computers. I have printers per computer rather than per
    user. There are a lot of options including deleting and adding local
    printers and setting default printers. Type rundll32
    printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /? at the command line to see all the
    options.

    rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /q /n "\\server\printer"

    I haven’t heard of the "add global printer remotely" command. Where
    did you learn of it?

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Adding-network-printers-command-line-AD-ftopict259770.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=805681

Printers Command Line Workstations Active Directory Windows