computers update object property of in AD

Active Directory 2000 computer object properties

For computer objects in AD 2000 one of the properties for computer objects
is "WhenChanged"

When do computers update that property and can that be changed?

Thanks
MSBOB69

That attribute holds the date of the last change made to that object.
There's also a whenCreated attribute that, you guessed it, gives you the
date the object was created.

These attributes hold real dates too -not strange looking long integer
numbers ;-)

In the case of computers, I would think that would get updated every time
they update their secure channel password, if the object is moved between
OUs, etc.

Can you change it?

I don't know. Probably not.

Why would you want to?

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"MSBOB69" <MSBOB69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Active Directory 2000 computer object properties

For computer objects in AD 2000 one of the properties for computer objects
is "WhenChanged"

When do computers update that property and can that be changed?

Thanks
MSBOB69

Also note that whenChanged is not replicated, it is specific to each DC.

whenCreated is replicated and consistent throughout the forest.

joe

www.joeware.net