Hide Active Directory User Object Fields

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 3, 2005 12:05:07 AM

Is it possible to hide an AD User object field? example, the Web Page or
Office field.
I will appriciate any help on this matter....Thank You
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:59:12 AM

How do you mean hide ? In UI you change permission so no one can modify it ?
Generally you can't change ADUC UI without doing some coding or creating
your own utility for user management. You could use ACL'S on attributes to
prevent users to modify this value.

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, ladava.com
MCSA, MCSE, MCT
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

"Isay2U" <Isay2U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to hide an AD User object field? example, the Web Page or
> Office field.
> I will appriciate any help on this matter....Thank You
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:07:01 AM

Thank you Matjas for replying.
When I say hide, I mean making that field none visible (Hidden Field) from
Users and Computers and from an AD people search in XP, for eaxmple the
canonical name field.

!