Hide Active Directory User Object Fields

Is it possible to hide an AD User object field? example, the Web Page or
Office field.
I will appriciate any help on this matter....Thank You
2 answers Last reply
More about hide active directory user object fields

    How do you mean hide ? In UI you change permission so no one can modify it ?
    Generally you can't change ADUC UI without doing some coding or creating
    your own utility for user management. You could use ACL'S on attributes to
    prevent users to modify this value.

    --
    Regards

    Matjaz Ladava, ladava.com
    MCSA, MCSE, MCT
    Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
    e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

    "Isay2U" <Isay2U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to hide an AD User object field? example, the Web Page or
    > Office field.
    > I will appriciate any help on this matter....Thank You

    Thank you Matjas for replying.
    When I say hide, I mean making that field none visible (Hidden Field) from
    Users and Computers and from an AD people search in XP, for eaxmple the
    canonical name field.

    "Matjaz Ladava [MVP]" wrote:

    > How do you mean hide ? In UI you change permission so no one can modify it ?
    > Generally you can't change ADUC UI without doing some coding or creating
    > your own utility for user management. You could use ACL'S on attributes to
    > prevent users to modify this value.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Matjaz Ladava, ladava.com
    > MCSA, MCSE, MCT
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
    > e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org
    >
    > "Isay2U" <Isay2U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is it possible to hide an AD User object field? example, the Web Page or
    > > Office field.
    > > I will appriciate any help on this matter....Thank You

Microsoft Office Active Directory Windows