Profile for multiple users?

Hi,

Forgive the ignorance of this question, but here goes:

Can I set up a roaming profile for a whole whack of users that no user
can modify? I want all the students to have exactly the same look and
feel and access to programs, but with NO ability to change anything
(other than access to their own server based store folder...)
Cheers.

Jon

You could follow this article to do that
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800&sd=tech

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, ladava.com
MCSA, MCSE, MCT
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

<jonniestyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Forgive the ignorance of this question, but here goes:
>
> Can I set up a roaming profile for a whole whack of users that no user
> can modify? I want all the students to have exactly the same look and
> feel and access to programs, but with NO ability to change anything
> (other than access to their own server based store folder...)
> Cheers.
>
> Jon

In the last week or so there was another request for this specific
information. Do a search on the NG for that...

But...

Take a look at the security templates and the GPO Workstation Common
Scenarios on the MS site.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

<jonniestyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Forgive the ignorance of this question, but here goes:
>
> Can I set up a roaming profile for a whole whack of users that no user
> can modify? I want all the students to have exactly the same look and
> feel and access to programs, but with NO ability to change anything
> (other than access to their own server based store folder...)
> Cheers.
>
> Jon

I followed the information in the link you gave me, and so far so good
-- but what I'm running into is that shortcuts to word that live on the
desktop for example are referencing a single user, so when a different
user tries that icon - an error occurs.
If you have any links to "real world scenarios" I would appreciate
that!

Cheers.

Try configuring the shortcut to use %username% instead of a static username.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/