error when changing cd attributes

When I try to change files from a cd to get rid of read
only I get an error message that says " an error occurred
attributes to the file access is denied. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about error changing attributes

    The acronym CD-ROM (which is what a recorded CD-R is) stands for Compact
    Disc - Read Only Memory. Do the math. Figure it out. Live with it.

    Even if you use CD-RW, the actual file on the CD-RW is read only, but can be
    replaced or updated with an edited version of that file. The difference is
    that A CD-R is write-once, whereas a CD-RW can be written to many times.

    A CD-R that has data on it becomes a CD-ROM.
    A CD-RW that has data on it becomes a CD-RW.

    Bobby

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:32:26 -0700, rrp wrote:

    > When I try to change files from a cd to get rid of read
    > only I get an error message that says " an error occurred
    > attributes to the file access is denied. Any ideas?

    Are the files still on the CD when you try to change the attributes? If
    yes, not being allowed to change those is expected. Copy the files back to
    the hard drive. Then change the attributes.

    If you still run into trouble, what kind of files are these? Are they
    protected by other means? For example, several Office programs allow an
    author to "lock" a file against changes. Unlock the file via Office -
    usually a matter of removing the protection or supplying a password.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

CD-Rom Error Message Microsoft Windows XP