Domain auth very slow since new ad domain introduced

Hi all,

I've been in the middle of a migration from an NT4 domain to a Windows
Server 2003 AD domain for about a week now. I started out by installing a
new server with Windows Server 2003, and then made it a primary domain
controller in a new domain (I have 2 domains now). I then used the migration
tool to migrate users and computers to the new domain.

Most of this went off without a hitch, but now, when I log into the new
domain from a workstation on the network (I have both domains as choices),
the logging in to the new domain takes forever. And not just on the first
try, it's all the time. I was first thinking DNS, but the domain controller
resolves just fine. I would think trust, but I do eventually log in. No
errors, just slow.

Any thoughts? A few things I could check? Help is greatly appreciated.

Do the clients only point to the DNS server, set up for the AD domain, for
DNS?

hth
DDS