Flounder

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Well two nights ago now we had a heavy rainstorm with lightning not being to big a deal occasional strike every fifteen minutes I think. Anyways one of those strikes touched down in our front yard and blew up the cable to the satelite and it blew the telephone box outside. The resulting damage fried tv, satelite reciever, one phone, wireless router (needed replacing anyways for wireless side), dsl modem, four computers with undetermined damage (ethernet devices were damage and who knows what else), and two ethernet switches. Odd thing is I think the network got hit first by the telephone which affected the unsuppressed modem, which then hit the router and proceeded to the switches getting five of the computers in the house.

Thankfully we have insurrance to replace everything hopefully, however my ethernet was on the motherboard. Have an ethernet card in my machine now but not sure what else has been damaged I'm leaning towards a Socket AM2 motherboard right now. Specifically the MSI K9N Neo-F. I was wondering if anyone had experince with this board or any good experince with other boards supporting the new socket? Any advice would be appreciated.

kizuki

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
The MSI K9N Neo-F is a nice board if your not going to going to have dual gpu's. It should be sufficient for the average user.