Logon scripts not running at NETLOGON

Each user in my organisations AD has a logon script stored in the NETLOGON
share, called as specified in the AD user's property page. e.g. User ab01 has
a script ab01.bat This worked fine for a long time.

However, I am getting a majority of cases where the script is not running.

The NETLOGON share is replicating fine between our 5 DCs. I can manually run
the scripts from user terminals.

The users are only single domain members with no excessive group memberships.

Any ideas? I have searched the knowledge base, which only suggests
replication problems which are not a problem.

Hi,

>However, I am getting a majority of cases where the script is not
>running.

Did someone set a Group Policy setting restricting the use of the
CMD.exe or command.exe? There are two settings with this and the
second setting stops all batch files from running. (user-admin-system)

Is there anything in the event log on the client workstations?

What do the logon scripts do? Could it be the action rather than the
script that is not being executed?

Have you tried the "Run logon scripts visable" setting to see if
they run. This is a great setting because you can see what the problem
is.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Logon-scripts-running-NETLOGON-ftopict260517.html