I posted earlier a problem with my WIFI printing

I have narrowed the problem down to this :

1.) Printing works fine until paper runs out
2.) Printer pauses ( correct action )
3.) But doesnt restart when paper changed, although the setup is Bi Di , as
it sends info back to the PC stating paper is running out
4.) Only way to get the thing back to life is to restart the print job
manually.

What im looking for is some setting where the printer sends infop back to
the POC stating that the paper has been replace and then the PC restarts the
print jobs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

After talking to tech support more , they say that, as the appaer runs out
MS will keep checking back to the printer , but after a while it will "time
out the printer" and stop checking. Thus meaning a manual restart is the
only way.

Im getting clsoer , does anyone know of any 3rd party softare that will
monitor print jobs and keep this timeout from happening

or in windows can I turn up the period before a time out ? or make this
timeout not occur at all ?

Thanks

"Jon Vaughan" <jonnyvaughan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I posted earlier a problem with my WIFI printing
>
> I have narrowed the problem down to this :
>
> 1.) Printing works fine until paper runs out
> 2.) Printer pauses ( correct action )
> 3.) But doesnt restart when paper changed, although the setup is Bi Di ,
> as it sends info back to the PC stating paper is running out
> 4.) Only way to get the thing back to life is to restart the print job
> manually.
>
> What im looking for is some setting where the printer sends infop back to
> the POC stating that the paper has been replace and then the PC restarts
> the print jobs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

This may not be what you want to do or the only way but try pressing the
paper feed button after you put in more paper.

Jon Vaughan wrote:

>I posted earlier a problem with my WIFI printing
>
>I have narrowed the problem down to this :
>
>1.) Printing works fine until paper runs out
>2.) Printer pauses ( correct action )
>3.) But doesnt restart when paper changed, although the setup is Bi Di , as
>it sends info back to the PC stating paper is running out
>4.) Only way to get the thing back to life is to restart the print job
>manually.
>
>What im looking for is some setting where the printer sends infop back to
>the POC stating that the paper has been replace and then the PC restarts the
>print jobs.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:41:45 UTC, "Jon Vaughan"
<jonnyvaughan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I posted earlier a problem with my WIFI printing

Good thing no-one else was posting an update....

A more informative subject line, perhaps?
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

"Jon Vaughan" <jonnyvaughan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I posted earlier a problem with my WIFI printing
>
> I have narrowed the problem down to this :
>
> 1.) Printing works fine until paper runs out
> 2.) Printer pauses ( correct action )
> 3.) But doesnt restart when paper changed, although the setup is Bi Di ,
> as it sends info back to the PC stating paper is running out
> 4.) Only way to get the thing back to life is to restart the print job
> manually.
>
> What im looking for is some setting where the printer sends infop back to
> the POC stating that the paper has been replace and then the PC restarts
> the print jobs.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Yes, don't start a new thread every time, update your first one.

--
Derek

handy reply derek
how about not replying , unless its useful

> handy reply derek
> how about not replying , unless its useful
>
> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Jon Vaughan" <jonnyvaughan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I posted earlier a problem with my WIFI printing
>>>
>>> I have narrowed the problem down to this :
>>>
>>> 1.) Printing works fine until paper runs out
>>> 2.) Printer pauses ( correct action )
>>> 3.) But doesnt restart when paper changed, although the setup is Bi Di ,
>>> as it sends info back to the PC stating paper is running out
>>> 4.) Only way to get the thing back to life is to restart the print job
>>> manually.
>>>
>>> What im looking for is some setting where the printer sends infop back
>>> to the POC stating that the paper has been replace and then the PC
>>> restarts the print jobs.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Yes, don't start a new thread every time, update your first one.

How about using Usenet as you're supposed to.

--
Derek

how about kissing my ring , you sound like someone that would enjoy that and
probably need to get out of the house.

> how about kissing my ring , you sound like someone that would enjoy that
> and probably need to get out of the house.

And *you* came here asking for help? My guess is you won't be getting any if
your going to have an attitude like that.

Think your not wrong there

"Ivor Floppy" <Ivor@somewhere.uk> wrote in message

> "Jon Vaughan" <jonnyvaughan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> how about kissing my ring , you sound like someone that would enjoy that
>> and probably need to get out of the house.
>>

> And *you* came here asking for help? My guess is you won't be getting any
> if your going to have an attitude like that.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:35:57 UTC, "Jon Vaughan"
<jonnyvaughan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> handy reply derek
> how about not replying , unless its useful

It was handy, it was useful, and it wasn't rude.

By starting a new thread, you disconnected your reply from the rest of
the discussion. People using certain newsreading software would not
easily be able to follow the discussion, and you might get less help.

Still, if you don't want the advice...