Sign in with
Your question

Logitech Z-2300 vs Creative I-Trigue L3800

Last response: in Components
July 6, 2006 11:23:49 PM

Which gives a better sound quality.

Also i dont listen to music loud. I hate too much bass, mainly because it bothers ppl. Also i love features, i dunno why but the more bells and whistles it has the more i want it.

Anyways i like the creative speaker set more. yet the logitech has more power. So i dunno.

My questions is which has better sound quality and which has better worksmanship.
July 7, 2006 1:12:07 AM

Awwwww, Damn, Bass Is The Best Part, Especially If You Listen To What I Listen To (RAP Baby Yeah), And I Have Till 10:30 To Legally Annoy The Niegbors, But Seriously...

I Own A Current 5.1 Logitech Set (530s) But Im Betting That The Z-2300s Have The Best Overall Sound
Related resources
July 7, 2006 4:28:03 PM

Quote:
Which gives a better sound quality.

Also i dont listen to music loud. I hate too much bass, mainly because it bothers ppl. Also i love features, i dunno why but the more bells and whistles it has the more i want it.

Anyways i like the creative speaker set more. yet the logitech has more power. So i dunno.

My questions is which has better sound quality and which has better worksmanship.

I auditioned the L3800's for about a week and was very impressed with their sound. They're not going to get terribly loud and the subwoofer is not going to register on the Richter-scale, but if you listen at sensible settings I'd imagine you'd be pleased with their incrediby clear high's, up-front mid-range, and deep bass. ...good bang for the buck, IMO.
July 7, 2006 4:32:36 PM

Quote:
i dont listen to rap. I have a Creative P7800 system and the bass is too strong. I need a 2.1 sollution for my laptop.

Im gonna throw in BOSE.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?ref=fr...

The Bose Companion 3's offer really nice sound as long as you realize that sound is, indeed, internally equalized. If you just want a good sounding set of speakers than LISTEN to the BOSE. Are they worth the $250 asking price. Naaaaaaa, but they offer a very pleasing & entertaining sound, IMO.
July 7, 2006 4:50:12 PM

ok, ill see if i feel like dropping another hundred on the bose. I liked the creative to begin with. the Logitech sub is too big, literally. I would have no feet room left uder my desk.
July 7, 2006 6:42:06 PM

Quote:
ok, ill see if i feel like dropping another hundred on the bose. I liked the creative to begin with. the Logitech sub is too big, literally. I would have no feet room left uder my desk.

Let me add that you will be shunned and heckeled by many of your fellow forum members here (except yours truly, of course) if elect to purchase the Bose. ...not that that's relevant. I love the way they sound.
July 7, 2006 6:59:22 PM

Quote:

Let me add that you will be shunned and heckeled by many of your fellow forum members here (except yours truly, of course) if elect to purchase the Bose. ...not that that's relevant. I love the way they sound.

see those ppl will be jealous. why? because they dont have the money for bose. I kno bose has best sound quality i dunno if 100 dollars is worth it. I'll prolly go with creative more features
July 7, 2006 7:10:29 PM

:)  I'd go for the Z-2300. I have a pair that I use for my iPod at the office. They sound great. They're THX certified. I picked them up fot $88 at Tiger Direct.

The cheapest THX-certified equipment I'll ever get. Can't go wrong. Plus you can dial down the bass if need be.
July 7, 2006 7:33:20 PM

Quote:
:)  I'd go for the Z-2300. I have a pair that I use for my iPod at the office. They sound great. They're THX certified. I picked them up fot $88 at Tiger Direct.

The cheapest THX-certified equipment I'll ever get. Can't go wrong. Plus you can dial down the bass if need be.

i dont care for certification.

no the sub is too strong. 120w. too much.i might go with bose.

also i dont like the logitech mainly because the logitech sub in the Z-2300 is wayyy to big. its like a 17" monitor in a cube form. its huge. i dont want taht, also there is a freakin heatsink on the back so if it doesnt get ample air flow then the amp will fry which means more hassle for me.
July 7, 2006 8:27:42 PM

Quote:

i dont care for certification.

no the sub is too strong. 120w. too much.i might go with bose.

also i dont like the logitech mainly because the logitech sub in the Z-2300 is wayyy to big. its like a 17" monitor in a cube form. its huge. i dont want taht, also there is a freakin heatsink on the back so if it doesnt get ample air flow then the amp will fry which means more hassle for me.

This is just my opinion, but I really think you should listen to the Creative iTrigue L3800's, if you can, before you settle on the Bose. The L3800's have great deep (deep-sounding, that is) bass with crisp clear sound. The laterally placed mid-range drivers truly do add to the sound-stage. For PC speakers @ <=$150 I think you should at least listen to them. The Bose sound nice, to me, but they're $250 and I'm not sure they sound $100 better than the Creative kit. You can can get the Creative speakers, have good sound that you'll be happy with, and use the $100 for some other upgrade.

I don't think people dislike the sound of the Bose Companion 3's (though we know they're not the most accurate speakers for the $$), I believe it's more an issue of listening to them and then asking, "Is this what $250 should sound like? Was this a smart purchase?". Unfortunately, for me, I realized that I'd rather go down the headphone-gear path right now than the speakers-that-are-really-a-compromise path. Listen to both sets and make your own decision. Don't truly trust what I or anyone else tells you unless they've got specs and frequency range charts to back their advice up. I know they're just PC speakers but you want the most bang for the buck, eh?

...my unsolicited 2 cents. ...but I do really like the way the Bose sound!

Edit: Tried to fix my typically poor grammar
July 7, 2006 8:50:28 PM

Hmm, ill go to the store and find out.
!