Incorrect Free Disk Space Reported On syst Hard Drive

September 30, 2004 7:22:42 PM

Was recently creating a video file, which when i realised
i would not have enough HHD space available to complete
the operation i canx the process. & then deleted the file
that had been created./ before the process was started
free disk space was reported as 13.9gb, file deleted
2.7gb, new reported free space 6gb, i have checked the
volume & all files on syst add up to the correct size in
gb, therefore 13.9gb should be available but syst still
reports 6gb available, can anyone help, i have tried
everything i can think of to fix this error.
September 30, 2004 10:48:11 PM

Have you tried a defrag??
peter
"G-Man" <gerr@wskelly.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Was recently creating a video file, which when i realised
> i would not have enough HHD space available to complete
> the operation i canx the process. & then deleted the file
> that had been created./ before the process was started
> free disk space was reported as 13.9gb, file deleted
> 2.7gb, new reported free space 6gb, i have checked the
> volume & all files on syst add up to the correct size in
> gb, therefore 13.9gb should be available but syst still
> reports 6gb available, can anyone help, i have tried
> everything i can think of to fix this error.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 12:52:19 AM

Hi,

First, empty the recycle bin. Second, open "My Computer", right click the
drive in question and select properties. Go to the tools tab, select error
checking. If prompted, select to run the scan on a system reboot.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone