I have a Lite-on LTR 1210B cd burner. My original program that came with the
burner will not work with xp pro. I am using a trail version of another
program that is working for saving files. I need to find out how to erase
or reformat cd-rw that I have and no longer need. How can I read my files I
have already saved. When I insert a cd,either a cd-r or dc-rw I get a message
that I need to install Adaptec UDF reader. I don't to install anything that
will not work with xp pro. How do I find out if it is ok to install this
reader. It says that it is for win98 and win nt.
--
rose

--
rose

Have you considered purchasing Nero or Roxio to burn your disks?

"Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Lite-on LTR 1210B cd burner. My original program that came with
the
> burner will not work with xp pro. I am using a trail version of another
> program that is working for saving files. I need to find out how to erase
> or reformat cd-rw that I have and no longer need. How can I read my files
> have already saved. When I insert a cd,either a cd-r or dc-rw I get a
message
> that I need to install Adaptec UDF reader. I don't to install anything
that
> will not work with xp pro. How do I find out if it is ok to install this
> reader. It says that it is for win98 and win nt.
> --
> rose
>

> --
> rose

Try this freeware CD Burning program to replace your trial version
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ I've been using it as a replacement for Nero and
it works quite nicely.

Check here for your UDF problem

To read your old UDF formatted disks try installing a free UDF Reader like
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6944,00.asp

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Lite-on LTR 1210B cd burner. My original program that came with
>the
> burner will not work with xp pro. I am using a trail version of another
> program that is working for saving files. I need to find out how to erase
> or reformat cd-rw that I have and no longer need. How can I read my files
> have already saved. When I insert a cd,either a cd-r or dc-rw I get a
> message
> that I need to install Adaptec UDF reader. I don't to install anything
> that
> will not work with xp pro. How do I find out if it is ok to install this
> reader. It says that it is for win98 and win nt.
> --
> rose
>

> --
> rose

The free udf site you sent me to still says that it is for win 98 and win nt.
Can a win nt driver be installed on an xp pro system?

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Try this freeware CD Burning program to replace your trial version
> http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ I've been using it as a replacement for Nero and
> it works quite nicely.
>
> Check here for your UDF problem
>
> To read your old UDF formatted disks try installing a free UDF Reader like
> http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6944,00.asp
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Lite-on LTR 1210B cd burner. My original program that came with
> >the
> > burner will not work with xp pro. I am using a trail version of another
> > program that is working for saving files. I need to find out how to erase
> > or reformat cd-rw that I have and no longer need. How can I read my files
> > have already saved. When I insert a cd,either a cd-r or dc-rw I get a
> > message
> > that I need to install Adaptec UDF reader. I don't to install anything
> > that
> > will not work with xp pro. How do I find out if it is ok to install this
> > reader. It says that it is for win98 and win nt.
> > --
> > rose
> >

> > --
> > rose

The original program that came with my burner is a Roxio and they want more
for the upgrade than it would cost for a new burner.

"Kevin" wrote:

> Have you considered purchasing Nero or Roxio to burn your disks?
>
> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Lite-on LTR 1210B cd burner. My original program that came with
> the
> > burner will not work with xp pro. I am using a trail version of another
> > program that is working for saving files. I need to find out how to erase
> > or reformat cd-rw that I have and no longer need. How can I read my files
> > have already saved. When I insert a cd,either a cd-r or dc-rw I get a
> message
> > that I need to install Adaptec UDF reader. I don't to install anything
> that
> > will not work with xp pro. How do I find out if it is ok to install this
> > reader. It says that it is for win98 and win nt.
> > --
> > rose
> >

> > --
> > rose

WinNT is not WinXP. If they do not say it works with XP then do not use it.

> The free udf site you sent me to still says that it is for win 98 and win
> nt.
> Can a win nt driver be installed on an xp pro system?
>
> "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
>
>> Try this freeware CD Burning program to replace your trial version
>> http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ I've been using it as a replacement for Nero
>> and
>> it works quite nicely.
>>
>> Check here for your UDF problem
>>
>> To read your old UDF formatted disks try installing a free UDF Reader
>> like
>> http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6944,00.asp
>>
>> --
>>
>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>

>> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a Lite-on LTR 1210B cd burner. My original program that came
>> >with
>> >the
>> > burner will not work with xp pro. I am using a trail version of
>> > another
>> > program that is working for saving files. I need to find out how to
>> > erase
>> > or reformat cd-rw that I have and no longer need. How can I read my
>> > files
>> > have already saved. When I insert a cd,either a cd-r or dc-rw I get a
>> > message
>> > that I need to install Adaptec UDF reader. I don't to install anything
>> > that
>> > will not work with xp pro. How do I find out if it is ok to install
>> > this
>> > reader. It says that it is for win98 and win nt.
>> > --
>> > rose
>> >

>> > --
>> > rose