I need a high quality pc -> pc connection

Last response: in Networking
June 14, 2005 11:21:05 AM

Hi all.
I need a pc -> pc (over internet) connection, such as icq, msn,
skype...
I'm using skype, it runs very good... but I transfer not only voice
but also music, and I'd need more bandwidth.
I dream a program that:

- it could use a larger bandwidth than skype
- it could switch off any "automatic level control" to have the more
dynamics I can...

Is there something?
I appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks a lot.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 7:47:08 AM

If your using DSL routers at either end you could setup a point to
point IPSec tunnel between the two routers. The Linksys WAG54G
supports upto 5 tunnels.

Once the tunnel is setup between the routers you ought to be able to
enable windows filesharing.

I haven't tried this myself though.
!