unable to establish connection with global catalog

Andrew

I'm get the Error Event ID: 1126
"unable to establish connection with global catalog"

I'm getting this error nearly every hour, and I cannot access the
domain group policy settings either (in Administrative Tools). The
Global Catalog is running on this machine, and it also runs on another
Domain Controller.

I've checked the DNS server, and all the references seem to refer to
the correct machine.

Can i force this machine to be the GC?

Does anyone have any more ideas about how I can fix this problem.

You could try to use the Repadmin tool and set the GC flag.

repadmin /options <DCname> +IS_GC

Regards,
/Jimmy
--