only allow 2 users on a domain computer ?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 9, 2005 9:23:15 PM

i have a large network & many users there is one win2000 on my
activedirectory domain that i only want two users to logon to , no one else
should be allowed to logon on locally except these 2 users ,
whats the way todo this ? the way i know seems to be very unpractical , via
account logon to option in user properties , & will let me to configure
users security for every user is there any other way ?

thanks

More about : users domain computer

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 9:23:16 PM

Create a group, put these two users in it. Then create a GPO that deny logon
locally for everyone except this group, you might have to "play" around with
both deny and allow logon locally to make it work. Before you enable this
GPO, make sure that it only applies to that specific computer which you can
do by filter the GPO.

Regards,
/Jimmy
--