What is the best photo printer that also prints on cds?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 26, 2005 10:26:31 PM

Hi, guys. I was wondering if there was a photo printer that prints high
quality photos, prints on cds and is easy to use? Thanks.
April 27, 2005 4:20:09 AM

What country do you live in? In the USA there are the Epson R200,R300,R800
and R1800.
The best are the R800 and R1800.The most affordable the R200.If you live in
most other countries Canon Pixma series printers will print on cds.
"Will in SF" <willinsf@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi, guys. I was wondering if there was a photo printer that prints high
> quality photos, prints on cds and is easy to use? Thanks.

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:29:57 AM

yes epson R200

Will in SF wrote:
> Hi, guys. I was wondering if there was a photo printer that prints high
> quality photos, prints on cds and is easy to use? Thanks.

April 27, 2005 9:29:10 AM

In the UK It is any Canon Pixma printer. In the States you will have to
settle for an Epson.

Will in SF wrote:

>Hi, guys. I was wondering if there was a photo printer that prints high
>quality photos, prints on cds and is easy to use? Thanks.

April 29, 2005 2:40:18 AM

What do you mean, you can buy any Epson model anywhere in the UK! I use the
R300m for printing CD's, excellent printer

> In the UK It is any Canon Pixma printer. In the States you will have to
> settle for an Epson.
>
> Will in SF wrote:
>
>>Hi, guys. I was wondering if there was a photo printer that prints high
>>quality photos, prints on cds and is easy to use? Thanks.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:57:04 AM

Everyone should know that the Canon IP4000 has duplex printing, twin
paper feeds, is faster, prints CD (UK model), uses less ink, much better
on business documents, and somewhat better on photos relative to the
R300. It is a slam dunk. And it costs less to buy and the ink is less.

Anorak wrote:

>What do you mean, you can buy any Epson model anywhere in the UK! I use the
>R300m for printing CD's, excellent printer

>>In the UK It is any Canon Pixma printer. In the States you will have to
>>settle for an Epson.
>>
>>Will in SF wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, guys. I was wondering if there was a photo printer that prints high
>>>quality photos, prints on cds and is easy to use? Thanks.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 10:38:55 PM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:57:04 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Everyone should know that the Canon IP4000 has duplex printing, twin
>paper feeds, is faster, prints CD (UK model), uses less ink, much better
>on business documents, and somewhat better on photos relative to the
>R300. It is a slam dunk. And it costs less to buy and the ink is less.
>
>Anorak wrote:

And the Canon print heads ROT.

Stick with Epson far far better.

>>What do you mean, you can buy any Epson model anywhere in the UK! I use the
>>R300m for printing CD's, excellent printer
>>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>In the UK It is any Canon Pixma printer. In the States you will have to
>>>settle for an Epson.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 10:38:56 PM

CSE wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:57:04 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Everyone should know that the Canon IP4000 has duplex printing, twin
>>paper feeds, is faster, prints CD (UK model), uses less ink, much better
>>on business documents, and somewhat better on photos relative to the
>>R300. It is a slam dunk. And it costs less to buy and the ink is less.
>>
>>Anorak wrote:
>>

>And the Canon print heads ROT.

And the Canon Print Head lasts the life of the printer.

>Stick with Epson far far better.
>

>>>What do you mean, you can buy any Epson model anywhere in the UK! I use the
>>>R300m for printing CD's, excellent printer
>>>
>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:26:15 AM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:00:09 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>And the Canon print heads ROT.
>>

>And the Canon Print Head lasts the life of the printer.

I didn't realise Canon printers only lasted 18 months...

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:00:09 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:

>CSE wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:57:04 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Everyone should know that the Canon IP4000 has duplex printing, twin
>>>paper feeds, is faster, prints CD (UK model), uses less ink, much better
>>>on business documents, and somewhat better on photos relative to the
>>>R300. It is a slam dunk. And it costs less to buy and the ink is less.
>>>
>>>Anorak wrote:
>>>

>>And the Canon print heads ROT.
>>

>And the Canon Print Head lasts the life of the printer.

Yes 18 months..

>>Stick with Epson far far better.

April 30, 2005 5:40:08 PM

You lot just confuse things! I see www.ebuyer.com do the Canon IP4000 for
£99.78
So this is a better printer than the R300 or not ? Surely the carts last as
long as any other printer depends how and what you print etc

"Hecate" <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:00:09 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>>And the Canon print heads ROT.
>>>

>>And the Canon Print Head lasts the life of the printer.
>>

> I didn't realise Canon printers only lasted 18 months...
>
> --
>
> Hecate - The Real One
> Hecate@newsguy.com
> Fashion: Buying things you don't need, with money
> you don't have, to impress people you don't like...
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:23:33 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:40:08 +0100, "Anorak" <00000@00000.000> wrote:

>You lot just confuse things! I see www.ebuyer.com do the Canon IP4000 for
>£99.78
>So this is a better printer than the R300 or not ? Surely the carts last as
>long as any other printer depends how and what you print etc

It entirely depends on how much you use, what sort of output you want
from the printer, how long you want those prints to last, what
proportion will be images, how much will be documents, is the CD
printing more important than the photo printing, etc. As you haven't
explicitly given that information it makes it hard to give definitive
answer.

And the reason you're getting different answers is because different
printers have different problems. There's no such thing as a perfect
printer.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com